Help with Xbox digital audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-29-2004, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just hooked up the Xbox to a Denon AVR3300 receiver. The receiver has both DD and DTS decoders. I purchased a Monster Cable Lightwave 100 fiber optic audio cable along with a Gamelink 200X AV pack. I hooked the new cables up to the Xbox and ran the fiber optic cable to the receiver where I plugged it in to "optical 2" digital input. Then I set up the receiver to default to optical 2 audio input when switched to VDP, which is the input that I'm using for the game. Trouble is that I get no audio.
I'm using fiber optic digital audio for my hi-def cable box using the "optical 1" audio input and it works fine. Lastly, the Xbox preferences have been set to DTS and DD enabled mode. I could understand if I wasn't getting DD sound and would assume that the game didn't offer dolby digital, but not getting any sound at all has me stumped. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-29-2004, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I swapped out the fiber optic cables and still had no luck. One thing that I did was to disconnect a DVD adapter from the Xbox. I then noticed that I was getting the red light coming from the fiber optic connection so I knew that the Xbox was outputting the digital audio. I turned on the receiver and switched to DVP and now I have sound. Don't know what changed, but the problem is solved.

Closed Thread Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page