Viewing Product: Onkyo TX - NR609 7.2 Channel Network THX Certified A/V Receiver - AVS Forum
Onkyo TX - NR609 7.2 Channel Network THX Certified A/V Receiver
  • Review Image
  • Review Image
  • Review Image
  • Review Image
  • Review Image

Rating Distribution 5 Review(s)
    --
      --
        --
          20%
            --
              5 Review(s)
              Reviews
                01-08-2013, 09:49 AM by corekneelius
                For the price, I could not be happier with my purchase.

Design:
                Pretty much standard design, nothing fancy, standard run of the mill appearance for an AVR. Volume knob lights up when display is set to bright, I have this feature turned off.

Features:
                Loaded with features, see product description. I only wish it came with a SoundCloud app.

Performance
                In my setup, in my living room, this receiver is great, until approaching within -10db of "r...
                  03-31-2013, 11:08 AM by w4atl
                  This receiver had most all of the features I was looking for in a home theater receiver. 7.1, HDMI support from multiple sources, nice sound when listening to music, ability to hook up an iPod to the USB port and ability to add HD radio through the Port input. Unfortunately, the receiver has a lot of bugs that have not been addressed with firmware updates. Network streaming works well once you get logged in and I like the display on the TV. Sound setup is easy.

Here are my issues and hi...
                    10-28-2013, 05:41 PM by SPDICKEY
                    Onkyo has a formidable track record in the field of home cinema amplifiers, and the TX-NR609 got off to a flying start when I got it back in 2011. Back then, it was a mid level in price but high quality in features that roped me in.

Even after upgrading my home theater system with more HDMI devices, a Panasonic Viera plasma TV and TiVo Premier 4 DVR my opinion hasn’t changed. This is still one heck of an amp for the money – a real show-stopper. Fed the DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack...
                      10-28-2013, 07:44 PM by Lucis
                      This is a full featured A/V receiver that does everything an entry-level++ system could want. Like all Onkyo systems I've ever owned, it runs relatively cool (for the equivalent output power) and in BiAmp mode, you can't fault the bass power. I love the Onkyo Android remote application for easy control of the less-often used features.

We are a single-TV household, so this receiver has to be easy for the kids. A simple setup on my DirecTV remote and everything just works. The large numbe...
                        10-29-2013, 09:36 AM by breuchaud
                        I have had a TX-NR 609 for 2 years and 2 months. The warranty on the product is 2 years, and luckily for me, they extended the warranty to fix the fact that I currently get no sound. The initial assessment is that the amplifier is blown. It is not sure why this is, but it could be because it runs hot and I have it in a cabinet. Regardless of this, I did enjoy the receiver before it stopped working, and assuming mine gets fixed up, I would assume that mine was somehow defective and not represent...
                        Related Conversations
                        There are no related topics.
                        Members
                        No members have owned this product.
                        No members want this product.
                        Details
                        Onkyo TX - NR609 7.2 Channel Network THX Certified A/V Receiver

Description: Targeting the sweet spot where affordability meets superb functionality, the TX-NR609 looks set to be another Onkyo classic. This THX Select2 Plus Certified A/V receiver handles content from all your favorite disc-based media, as well as networked and wireless audio content from the internet, iPod/iPhone, and PC. Six HDMI inputs—including one on the front panel—provide support for 3D video and ultra-high resolution 4K video upscaling via Marvell Qdeo. HDMI also carries master-quality audio formats from Dolby and DTS, as well as the expanded surround sound of Audyssey DSX and Dolby Pro Logic IIz. Three-stage inverted Darlington circuitry and Onkyo’s proprietary WRAT ensure a clean and compelling amplifier performance. And when audio signals are output, the 7.2-channel configuration includes twin subwoofer pre-outs for added bass impact. Meanwhile, a user-friendly on-screen display and GUI make it easy to adjust settings and navigate your content. All this and more makes the TX-NR609 an irresistible choice for the value-seeking home theater fan.

Details:

Detail Value
                        Binding Electronics
                        Brand Onkyo
                        EAN 0751398010002
                        Feature 100 Watts per Channel at 8 Ohms, 20 Hz?20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 Channels Driven, FTC; 125 Watts per Channel at 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.1%, 2 Channels Driven, FTC
                        6 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output, HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, LipSync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio
                        Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port
                        Network Capability
                        THX Select2 Plus
                        Item Height 6.81 inches
                        Item Length 12.94 inches
                        Item Width 17.13 inches
                        Label Onkyo
                        Manufacturer Onkyo
                        MPN TX-NR609
                        Package Height 11.69 inches
                        Package Length 22.44 inches
                        Package Weight 29.2 pounds
                        Package Width 16.63 inches
                        PackageQuantity 1
                        PartNumber TX-NR609
                        ProductGroup Speakers
                        ProductTypeName RECEIVER_OR_AMPLIFIER
                        Publisher Onkyo
                        SKU B004O0TRD8
                        Studio Onkyo
                        Title Onkyo TX - NR609 7.2 Channel Network THX Certified A/V Receiver
                        UPC 751398010002
                        UPCList - UPCListElement 751398010002
                        Item Weight 24.7 pounds
                        CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElement TXNR609
                        Model TX-NR609
                        Color Black
                        Warranty 2 Years Parts and Labor
                        ReleaseDate 2011-02-14