--
      17%
        --
          --
            33%
              6 Review(s)
              Reviews
                06-13-2012, 08:58 AM by Guindalf
                For the price, you'd be hard pushed to find another receiver with as many first-class features as the TX-NR616. Features like THX certification, video upscaling, networking and much more. Unfortunately, expecting them to all work is more of a challenge.

I fell in love with the 616 as soon as I saw it and what it could do. I was mis-informed by the salesman that I could upconvert to 4k and get a great picture out of my Mitsubishi 65" DLP (1080p) TV, which of course, is not true, but the ...
                  07-15-2013, 01:21 PM by jkust
                  I bought the 616 in the spring of 2013. The bad press from the early firmware issues drove the price down but all of the firmware issues leading to many of the malfunctions were corrected. In short us late buyers got perfectly functioning units at severely depressed prices. I designed my entire Whole House Audio around the 616. It works perfectly in every respect. I wished I had a need for a second one. Having been using it for two months, I can not find fault with it given its use for my main ...
                    10-29-2013, 04:57 AM by SammyXp
                    Judging from the early reviews, it appears this unit has seen its fair share of issues at introduction. Firmware updates seem to have completely solved any of the early reported issues, as I have yet to experience any video or audio glitches at all. What really makes the TX-NR616 stand out as a bargain now, is the price. It now sits at a near-entry level price for a THX certified receiver with excellent options typically found at nearly twice this price.

Sound
                    While all the fe...
                      10-31-2013, 09:03 AM by 1080iball
                      The Onkyo TX-NR616 is a 115W 7.2 channel THX Select2 certified network A/V receiver. It features Audyssey 2EQ room calibration, ARC, cloud audio streaming, internet radio and a remote app for iOS and android devices. It includes 8 HDMI inputs and 2 outputs with Qdeo 4K upscaling. I purchased the TX-NR616 to replace a 5 year old Onkyo TX-SR575 without HDMI audio support. After applying the latest firmware straight out of the box via USB everything is working as intended. I haven’t had any of t...
                        03-14-2014, 01:39 AM by mrpeso13
                        Having purchased this receiver after all the firmware issues have been fixed, I can't really think of anything negative to say. It has all the features I wanted and more. The setup is simple enough and the sound and video quality are top notch! I would absolutely recommend this receiver to anyone in the market that doesn't want to spend $500+.
                        <<-Show More->>
                        Related Conversations
                        There are no related topics.
                        Members
                        Details
                        Onkyo TX-NR616

Description: Escape into THX®-Certified Surround Sound. Movie, music, and gaming enthusiasts can now step up to realistic THX® Select2 Plus™-certified surround sound for less money down with the new TX-NR616 Network A/V Receiver. Onkyo’s acclaimed WRAT amplifier with three-stage inverted Darlington circuitry delivers cinema-like power in the home. With Audyssey DSX™ expansion, you can add extra Wide or Height channels for more enveloping surround sound, while 2EQ acoustic correction guarantees optimal performance in any room. Eight HDMI® inputs handle 3D content, HD audio, and video display upscaled to 4K with onboard Qdeo™ technology. The MHL/HDMI input lets you connect a smart phone for smooth 1080p playback on your TV. Wireless home networking, meanwhile, opens up an exciting world of internet radio and cloud-based music streaming. You can even enjoy your multi-format PC-based music collection over Wi-Fi with an optional USB adapter. Intuitive system control—including audio distribution in multiple rooms—is provided by Onkyo’s remote apps for iPod touch/ iPhone and Android phone, or press the Quick Set-Up button on the supplied remote for instant mid-program adjustments. Visual input selection with InstaPrevue™ technology rounds out what is an exceptionally refined and affordable THX receiver.

Details:

Detail Value
                        Binding Electronics
                        Brand Onkyo
                        EAN 0751398010682
                        Feature THX Select2 Plus Certified
                        Internet Radio and Cloud Music Streaming Service Connectivity w/ control via Onkyo Remote Apps
                        MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) and InstaPrevue Technologies
                        iPod/iPhone Direct Digital Connection through USB and Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
                        MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link)
                        Item Height 6.8 inches
                        Item Length 17.13 inches
                        Item Width 12.9 inches
                        Label Onkyo
                        Manufacturer Onkyo
                        MPN TX-NR616
                        Package Height 11.5 inches
                        Package Length 22 inches
                        Package Weight 28.15 pounds
                        Package Width 16.75 inches
                        PackageQuantity 1
                        PartNumber TX-NR616
                        ProductGroup Receiver or Amplifier
                        ProductTypeName RECEIVER_OR_AMPLIFIER
                        Publisher Onkyo
                        SKU ONKTXNR616
                        Studio Onkyo
                        Title Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2-Channel THX Select2 Plus Certified Network A/V Receiver(Black)
                        UPC 751398010682
                        UPCList - UPCListElement 751398010682
                        Item Weight 24.25 pounds
                        CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElement TXNR616
                        Model TX-NR616
                        Color Black
                        Warranty 2 Years Parts and Labor