--
      --
        --
          25%
            --
              4 Review(s)
              Reviews
                10-28-2013, 04:59 PM by herushan
                This is my first receiver so not much to compare to, but it is a great first receiver. I have owned this receiver for almost a year now and it has been wonderful to use and setup. I did a lot of research before buying this receiver and it had many great things like Audyssey XT32, 4K, and dual sub-woofer capability that usually you have to pay more for. That was enough to make me buy this over the Denon I was originally wanting, so far happy with my decision. I also like how you can dim the LCD ...
                  10-29-2013, 07:28 AM by bclarkeva
                  Bought this receiver last Black Friday (2012) replacing a Denon 3803. I wanted a bit more than the Denon's 110 WPC, and HDMI, and Audessy XT32. Paid about $699 which was a great deal. Using it in 6.1 configuration with Legacy Signature 3s and Silver Screen center, and Celestion 100s in the back.

This was one of the best buys I've made over several years in the home theater hobby. Everything works well on this unit - though to figure out how best to use it I've spent a lot of time on AVS...
                    11-03-2013, 04:21 AM by sonic debauchery
                    LOTS OF SURPRISES, FEW TRADE OFFS ONKYO'S TX-NR818

I have owned the Onkyo TX-NR818 7.2 Channel Receiver for 6 months, it replaced a Denon 3808. I am using the 818 with Goldenear Triton 2's L/R, SS50C, Mirage OS1's X4, Mirage Omnisat Prestige X2, Monoprice in ceiling speakers, Belkin Power Conditioner PF30 and Sony S790 Bluray Player with Power Sound Audio XS 30 Dual Opposing 15 inch Subwoofer. Here is what i found......I am using the 818 in a 2316 cubic foot theater.

I u...
                      02-09-2014, 03:16 PM by wtxgringo
                      Upgraded to the 818 from an HT-RC180 & can't really say if this sounds any better or not. After set up & running all 8 positions in Audyssey using a boom mic stand, listened to some of my fav cds/songs & since they were so familiar to me on the 180, not sure really what I expected but from all the glowing reviews etc, I guess I thought XT32 was going to make my speakers (Polk RTi A series) sound so much better than they do/did with the 180, & it just didn't happen. The music doe...
                      Related Conversations
                      There are no related topics.
                      Members
                      Details
                      Onkyo TX-NR818

Description: This Onkyo network receiver is a winner in three areas. Firstly, its video performance is unrivalled. An HQV Vida VHD1900 processor upscales content to 1080p, with Qdeo technology taking full HD out to an eye-popping 4K. An ISF system calibrates video from all inputs to industry standards, and the resulting picture is spectacular. Secondly, audio performance is unmatched, as proven by THX Select2 Plus certification. The receiver delivers er effortlessly through three-stage inverted Darlington circuitry and 192 kHz/24-bit DACs. Finally, you get more setup flexibility. There are eight HDMI inputs-including an MHL for smart phones-and two outputs. Two USB ports connect iPod/iPhone and LAN adaptor, enabling wireless PC and online audio. Three mind-blowing sound expansion systems are included-Audyssey DSX, DTS Neo:X, and Dolby Pro Logic IIz-assisted by Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room correction. Digital crossover processing, front channel bi-amping capability, and three-zone audio distribution grant the freedom to customize. With new InstaPrevue input selection technology and intuitive system control via iPhone and Android phone, now is the time to upgrade to an Onkyo.

Details:

Detail Value
                      Binding Electronics
                      Brand Onkyo
                      EAN 0751398010545
                      Feature THX Select2 Plus Certified
                      Dual Core Video Processing via HQV Vida and Marvell Qdeo
                      Internet Radio and Cloud Music Streaming Service Connectivity with control via Onkyo Remote Apps
                      MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) and InstaPrevue Technologies
                      iPod/iPhone Direct Digital Connection through USB and Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
                      Item Height 7.81 inches
                      Item Length 17.13 inches
                      Item Width 17.13 inches
                      Label Onkyo
                      Manufacturer Onkyo
                      MPN TX-NR818
                      Package Height 12.9 inches
                      Package Length 22.5 inches
                      Package Weight 46.95 pounds
                      Package Width 21.7 inches
                      PackageQuantity 1
                      PartNumber TX-NR818
                      ProductGroup Receiver or Amplifier
                      ProductTypeName RECEIVER_OR_AMPLIFIER
                      Publisher Onkyo
                      SKU ONKTXNR818
                      Studio Onkyo
                      Title Onkyo TX-NR818 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Black)
                      UPC 751398010545
                      UPCList - UPCListElement 751398010545
                      Item Weight 40.3 pounds
                      CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElement TXNR818
                      Model TX-NR818
                      Color Black
                      Warranty 2 Years Parts and Labor