--
      --
        --
          --
            --
              2 Review(s)
              Reviews
                10-30-2013, 12:58 PM by wvu80
                I will abbreviate the name to "717." Features: This is a 7.2 receiver which has both zone 2 and 3 capability. The spec sheet states that it sends 125 watts per channel to each channel that is driven. The "point two" refers to the two outputs which sends the same signal to two subwoofers directly from the 717. Speakers can also be directly wired for "wide" and "height" speakers. I bought the 717 so I could bi-amp my front speakers, which reduces the system to a 5.2 setup. I never planned to run ...
                  11-02-2013, 10:51 AM by tisserda
                  I'm using this NR717 in our main living room, a 26x40 room with a 26ft vaulted ceiling. In other words, this thing is filling a BIG room with poor acoustics. I have a 7.1 setup using HTD inwall speakers on all 7 channels + an HTD Level 2 sub. No issues at all filling the room with clean, quality sound. Our main use is TV, Moves, and streaming iTunes, in that order. For these applications, this unit works amazingly well.

Setup:
                  The Audyssey 2EQ sound setup is straight forward and eas...
                  Related Conversations
                  There are no related topics.
                  Members
                  No members have owned this product.
                  No members want this product.
                  Details
                  Onkyo TX-NR717

Description: With the power to fill large rooms with THX-certified sound, this cutting-edge receiver is ready to integrate and distribute entertainment throughout your home. More than a home theater processor, the TX-NR717 allows you access music on PC, streamfrom MP3tunes and Spotify, explore online radio, or connect your iPod/iPhone to one of two USB ports. You can distribute any ofthese various stereo sources to other rooms for house-wide entertainment. With a total of 10 HDMI connections, this receiverconverges HD content from all your components-even your smart phone media via a frontside MHL/HDMI-and provides easy inputselection with InstaPrevue technology. HDMI also enables intuitive GUI with overlaid Quick Set-Up menu. Visually managing settingsand playback-even across multiple zones-is easy with the Onkyo Remote App for iPhone and Android phones. Video upscaling to 4K,Audyssey DSX seven-channel sound expansion, and Audyssey 2EQ room correction are all included. Sound quality is quite simply thebest in class, with powerful WRAT amplifier, three-stage inverted Darlington circuitry, and discrete output stage components deliveringan otherworldly entertainment experience.

Details:

Detail Value
                  Binding Electronics
                  Brand Onkyo
                  EAN 0751398010538
                  Feature THX Select2 Plus Certified
                  Internet Radio and Cloud Music Streaming Service Connectivity with control via Onkyo Remote Apps
                  MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) and InstaPrevue Technologies
                  Audyssey DSX and Dolby PLIIz
                  iPod/iPhone Direct Digital Connection through USB and Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
                  Item Height 6.88 inches
                  Item Length 17.13 inches
                  Item Width 14.94 inches
                  Label Onkyo
                  Manufacturer Onkyo
                  MPN TX-NR717
                  Package Height 11.5 inches
                  Package Length 22 inches
                  Package Weight 31.8 pounds
                  Package Width 18.7 inches
                  PackageQuantity 1
                  PartNumber TX-NR717
                  ProductGroup Receiver or Amplifier
                  ProductTypeName RECEIVER_OR_AMPLIFIER
                  Publisher Onkyo
                  SKU ONKTXNR717
                  Studio Onkyo
                  Title Onkyo TX-NR717 7.2-Channel Home Theater A/V Receiver (Black)
                  UPC 751398010538
                  UPCList - UPCListElement 751398010538
                  Item Weight 26.7 pounds
                  CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElement TXNR717
                  Model TX-NR717
                  Color Black
                  Warranty 2 Years Parts and Labor