--
      --
        --
          40%
            --
              5 Review(s)
              Reviews
                06-03-2013, 06:11 PM by tubetwister
                Good wifi blue ray,upscaling DVD player excellent picture 128bit DDR3, 1080p resolution excellent picture quality ,Bravia sync for other Sony devices good wifi performance Free PlayStation Network membership, built in Netflix,Hulu plus ,You Tube and more . Bluetooth controller, PlayStation store app dnla compliant 160gb HDD works good as a DVD BD player ,streaming media center and game box lot of versatility in one box . Loads DBD BD a little slow and Lack of qwerty keyboard option mak...
                  06-06-2013, 04:01 PM by Closet Geek
                  At a time when quality of life was drastically diminished due to economic strife, I considered the PS3 160GB as an alternative means to provide family entertainment. For $300, it was a vehicle that enhanced our home theater experience via high def video play, high end gaming experience as well as the ability to play music and provide a quick though somewhat clunky internet access. There was also the aspect of streaming video that I figured built in a little future proofing should I decide to go...
                    06-06-2013, 08:27 PM by smeg36
                    When I first got the PS3 I initially planned on using it mostly for playing games. Over the years, my use of the PS3 has evolved and changed, as has almost every device in my setup. My TV, receiver, Tivo, speakers, and media player have all changed. One of the only devices in my setup that hasn't is the PS3, excepting the move from the fat to slim model. Over the years it has been used primarily as a gaming console, then a blu-ray player, then a media player, then a Netflix player. As my needs ...
                      02-11-2014, 12:52 PM by kosterryan
                      As only a casual gamer, I enjoy the blu-ray and demo features of the PS3. We also use the Netflix streaming feature, which is nice as we have not been forced to upgrade to a new TV with this already built in. Most of the games I play are the free demo's and the large hard drive can store plenty of them. There is also a large selection of used games available which is a cost-effective way to go if you don't need to have the latest and greatest.

The PS3 is easy to setup and use even for t...
                        02-11-2014, 10:21 PM by iThinkergoiMac

The Playstation 3 is, in my opinion, the best console of the last generation. I use mine primarily for streaming video and gaming, and it's generally very easy to use. Video quality is very good, and the ability for it to downsample audio for older receivers is a huge plus in my book. Until recently, I was using an older receiver and this allowed me to experience the increased audio quality of Blu-Ray even though my receiver couldn't decode the uncompressed audio.

Tech Specs...

Related Conversations
                        There are no related topics.
                        Members
                        No members have owned this product.
                        Details
                        PlayStation 3 160GB System

Description: With the PlayStation 3 160GB system, you get free PlayStation Network membership, built-in Wi-Fi and 160GB of hard disk drive storage for games, music, videos and photos. This system will come with firmware 3.6 or greater. You can easily upgrade to the latest firmware for free, simply by connecting the PS3 to the internet. And every PS3 system comes with a built-in Blu-ray player to give you pristine picture quality and the best high-definition viewing experience available. Whether it’s gaming, Blu-ray movies, music or online services, experience it all with the PlayStation 3 system. All PlayStation 3 systems are already equipped with everything you need to play stereoscopic 3D games.

Details:

Detail Value
                        Binding Video Game
                        Brand Sony
                        EAN 0027242263420
                        Label Sony
                        Manufacturer Sony
                        MPN 0711719842309
                        Publisher Sony
                        SKU 160GBPS3
                        Studio Sony
                        Title PlayStation 3 160GB System