--
      25%
        25%
          50%
            --
              4 Review(s)
              Reviews
                11-27-2012, 11:55 AM by mrsmith
                To take maximum advantage of this device you will need a broadband internet connection with a stable signal of at least 5.0MB-plus, otherwise there is no reason to buy this box(the lesser versions will do as well for lower resolutions, and at less cost). The Netflix & VuDu image quality at 1080p is extraordinary, equal to or better than many BluRay discs, and equal to or better than VuDu's HDX service. And I'm talking about viewing the Netflix and VuDu HDX on a 65-inch plasma screen where i...
                  01-27-2013, 09:47 AM by ross
                  This replaced a Boxee Box that I had for several years as it was advertised as supporting the closed captioning of Amazon movies which may or may not be true. I couldn't get it to work the one time I tried it so caveat emptor as they say. It also seems to be supported by the Logitech Harmony Remote that I have although I haven't got that working perfectly yet either. Anyway, it seems to work better than the Boxee generally - faster and seems to optimize my netflix video stream for best picture ...
                    03-16-2014, 12:05 PM by Ikarius
                    Long and short- spring the extra $20 to get the Roku 3. The Roku 2 XS was a good option before they released the 3, but the Roku 3 has an actual dual-band wireless chipset inside, and streams high quality content much more reliably than the 2 XS. And while you're poking around the Roku- take a look at Plex- a fantastic app for streaming content from your computers to your Roku. Beyond that, in general I believe the Roku platform represents the best streaming platform you can get. Capable of pla...
                      05-07-2014, 08:48 PM by bellyman69

First off I live in Canada - more on that below.  But to the point - other than cable/satellite offerings, AppleTV is the only other major player that you can rent movies from ... without trying to pretend you are in the US.  Secondly, this review does not deal with "picture quality".

For a while I have had Netflix and felt to capitalize I need to roll it out to more rooms in the house.  I wanted to get an Apple TV but needed HDMI with the latest generation - so ...

Related Conversations
                      There are no related topics.
                      Members
                      No members have owned this product.
                      No members want this product.
                      Details
                      Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player

Description: Hands-down the best experience in 1080p HD streaming to your TV-plus motion-based gaming for an extra dose of great entertainment. Enjoy 300+ channels featuring the best movies, TV shows, live sports, music, games, and more, including Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Instant Video. Angry Birds included FREE!

Details:

Detail Value
                      Binding Electronics
                      Brand Roku
                      EAN 0829610880075
                      Feature 300+ channels with movies, TV shows, music, sports & more
                      High-definition streaming up to 1080p HD
                      Works with virtually any TV
                      Enhanced remote with motion control for playing games. Uses 2 AA batteries (included)
                      Built-in wireless (Wi-Fi b/g/n) and wired Internet connectivity
                      Item Height 0.9 inches
                      Item Length 3.3 inches
                      Item Width 3.3 inches
                      Label Roku, Inc.
                      Manufacturer Roku, Inc.
                      MPN 3100R
                      Package Height 2.9 inches
                      Package Length 7.4 inches
                      Package Weight 1.2 pounds
                      Package Width 7.3 inches
                      PackageQuantity 1
                      PartNumber 3100R