Viewing Product: NETGEAR NeoTV MAX NTV300SL - digital multimedia receiver - AVS Forum
NETGEAR NeoTV MAX NTV300SL - digital multimedia receiver
Rating Distribution 2 Review(s)
    50%
      50%
        --
          --
            --
              2 Review(s)
              Reviews
                01-02-2013, 09:58 PM by Chris Friesen
                I picked up an NTV300 (not the 300sl) on sale primarily for use as a Netflix box. For this purpose the time to start up the Netflix app was longer than I was willing to accept.

This device takes maybe 35 seconds to actually start up the Netflix app from the main menu. It takes a further 15-20 seconds or so to start streaming, and 7 seconds to actually stop once the "stop" button is hit. Fast-forward and rewind are similarly slow.

Once it starts playing it's fine, seems to be abl...
                  11-23-2013, 07:36 AM by Speed Daemon
                  This was my favorite travel accessory for the short time that it lived. The box is externally identical to my Roku boxes, but this had a far better remote, and the capability to play MPEG-2 files and easy DLNA. (The Roku only plays MPEG-4.) It was better than the Roku in every way, except for a tendency to overheat and need to be shut down after an hour of use. Eventually it quit altogether. It had lots of legs up on the Roku, but the fact that it wasn't reliable means that it's off my list for...
                  Related Conversations
                  There are no related topics.
                  Members
                  No members own this product.
                  No members want this product.
                  Details
                  NETGEAR NeoTV MAX NTV300SL - digital multimedia receiver

Description: NETGEAR NeoTV MAX NTV300SL - Digital multimedia receiverNeoTV MAX easily connects via the HDMI or A/V output port so you can start streaming in minutes on virtually any TV.If it's out on DVD, chances are you will find it on NeoTV. Enjoy thousands of streaming movies and TV shows from Netflix.Product Description: NETGEAR NeoTV MAX NTV300SL - digital multimedia receiverProduct Type: Digital multimedia receiverLocalization: North AmericaMedia Content Source: Network, USB-host, flash memory cardInternet Streaming Services: CinemaNow, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Rhapsody, Vudu, Hulu PlusRemote Control: Remote controlGeneralProduct Type: Digital multimedia receiverLocalization: North AmericaAudio SystemMedia Content Source: Network, USB-host, flash memory cardAdditional Features: Smartphone remote controlled, Intel Wireless Display (WiDi)Network & Internet MultimediaInternet Streaming Services: CinemaNow, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Rhapsody, Vudu, Hulu PlusDLNA: YesRemote ControlType: Remote controlConnectionsConnector Type: 1 x HDMI output ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) - rear 1 x Ethernet ( RJ-45 ) - rear 1 x composite video/audio output ( mini-phone 3.5 mm ) - rearMiscellaneousIncluded Accessories: Power adapter, 2 CR2032 batteries, video / audio cable

Details:

Detail Value
                  Binding Office Product
                  Brand Netgear
                  Label Netgear
                  Manufacturer Netgear
                  MPN AAC4002-10897761
                  PackageQuantity 1
                  PartNumber AAC4002-10897761
                  ProductGroup Office Product
                  ProductTypeName OFFICE_PRODUCTS
                  Publisher Netgear
                  SKU AAC4002-10897761
                  Studio Netgear
                  Title NETGEAR NeoTV MAX NTV300SL - digital multimedia receiver (NTV300SL-100NAS) -