--
      --
        --
          100%
            --
              1 Review(s)
              Reviews
                01-20-2014, 04:58 PM by eastside718
                I was very skeptical adding a power amp to my system. But I was unhappy with the playback of digital music stored on my computer. It appeared to be flat, lacking the emotion of the music. Don't get me wrong, my Denon-AVR 4810C I is a rock! It is the brains of my home theater system.But I began reading reviews about Denon AVRs used as processors or pre-amps with separate power amps.

Enter the Emotiva XPR5! I read every review I could about Emotiva. Their reputation is impeccable and the ...
                Related Conversations
                There are no related topics.
                Members
                Details
                Emotiva XPA-5 5-Channel Power Amplifier

Description: With the XPA-5 five-channel power amplifier, Emotiva broke the price barrier on 1,000 watt multi-channel amplifiers. But the XPA-5 is much, much more than an attractive price. It brings no-compromise, audiophile-level performance to your home theater with seemingly endless reserves of power that will transform your listening experience. Do not compare the XPA-5 with receivers. The typical audiophile receiver can deliver only 120 to 140 watts of channel power, meaning that only one or two channels can produce that 120 watts, not all channels driven, simultaneously, at rated power, all the time, like the XPA-5. All Emotiva amplifiers produce their full rated power, with all channels driven - no excuses, no compromises, and no double-talk. Combined with high-end parts including a massive toroidal power transformer, precision 1% metal-film resistors, encapsulated film capacitors, and glass-epoxy PC boards, it's no wonder the XPA-5 has reached legendary status among home theater devotees. With increased clarity, enveloping soundstage, added bass impact and control - it lets you hear movies the way they were meant to be heard! The XPA-5: Legendary power.

Details:

Detail Value
                Binding Electronics
                Brand Emotiva
                EAN 0818841010702
                Feature 300 watts x 5 @ 4 Ohms; 200 watts x 5 @ 8 Ohms; all channels driven
                Fully discrete signal path, with class A/B output stage and massive power reserves
                Balanced and unbalanced inputs
                Microprocessor operating system with full fault protection and status indicators
                Quality parts and construction throughout, backed by a five-year warranty. *The XPA-5 usually retails for $899 but is on sale for $769 from 11/9/12 until 1/15/13
                Item Height 7.75 inches
                Item Length 19 inches
                Item Width 17 inches
                Label Emotiva Audio Corporation
                Manufacturer Emotiva Audio Corporation
                MPN XPA-5
                PartNumber XPA-5
                ProductGroup Receiver or Amplifier
                ProductTypeName RECEIVER_OR_AMPLIFIER
                Publisher Emotiva Audio Corporation
                SKU XPA-5
                Studio Emotiva Audio Corporation