AVS Forum banner

Pioneer Elite SC-27 71 A/V Receiver

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Hagar 
#1 ·
Pioneer Elite SC-27 71 A/V Receiver

Description:
At its core, the Pioneer® Elite® SC-27 A/V receiver was designed to deliver best-in-class sound quality for full-scale immersion into today's new high-definition multi-channel home theaters. Incorporating Pioneer's exclusive Direct Energy HD amplifier with ICEpower® Class-D technology, the SC-27 was designed to bring new levels of clarity, detail, and dynamic "quick response" to new uncompressed Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD® Master soundtracks now emerging on the Blu-Ray Disc® format. This revolutionary amplifier design also provides incredible power output with minimal energy loss from wasted energy in the form of heat, making the SC-27 one of the first truly green home theater a/v receivers available today.

With a long-standing product development partnership with world renowned AIR Studios in London, England, and certification from THX® Labs, the SC-27 has the stamp of approval for delivery of cinematic performance in the home-theater with all of the artistic vision intact. Pioneer's exclusive Direct Energy HD amplifier is the first multi-channel Class-D amplifier to earn the coveted THX Ultra2 Plus certification, and the AIR Studios Sound Tuning is inherently embedded in Pioneer's exclusive Advanced Auto MCACC room calibration system.

No matter the video format for movies, videos, or games, the latest line of Pioneer Elite receivers makes it possible to enjoy them all with new HDMI® 48-Bit Deep Color and x.v. Color capabilities, analog video conversion to HDMI, standard definition upscaling to1080p, and Pioneer proprietary PureCinemaTM conversion born from Pioneer's leadership in high-definition video processing. Enjoy your favorite Blu-ray Disc movie in full 1080p/24fps resolution through no fewer than 4 and up to 5 HDMI inputs; one of which is conveniently located on the front panel.

Details:
DetailValue
BindingElectronics
BrandPioneer
EAN0074847377168
Feature140W X 7 (20Hz-20kHz, .09% THD @ 8 Ohms, All Channels Driven)
HDMI Ver. 1.3a (5 Inputs: Front HDMI Input/2 Outputs )
Multi-Channel PQLS For Near Jitter-free Audio Transmission
AIR Studios Monitor Sound Tuning Certification
LabelPioneer
ManufacturerPioneer
MPNSC-27
PartNumberSC-27
ProductGroupReceiver or Amplifier
ProductTypeNameRECEIVER_OR_AMPLIFIER
PublisherPioneer
StudioPioneer
TitlePioneer Elite SC-27 71 A/V Receiver
UPC074847377168
UPCList - UPCListElement074847377168
ModelSC-27

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Europe's SC-LX82 a Stunning big performer

review by perfektcom

The feeling begins*

I must admit I have been a strong supporter of Yamaha since 1984, when I bought my first set-up (actually my parents bought it for me
smile.gif
)
When I set up my first flat screen on the wall, a great looking, excellent performing Kuro TV, it was time to replace my AV receiver as well. Started doing some research and to my surprise it turned out that Pioneer have some excellent AV equipment.
I took one look at it in the shop and I fell in love. Yes, this product gives you the same goose bumps that an Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod/etc or a Mercedes Benz will give you when you own it. You start having good feelings about it.

So the next thing was let me listen to it.

It took me a while before I set up the speakers, sources etc before I could fire it up.
But then... Dire Staits "Brothers in Arms Album and the song " Your latest trick" the first song I play on any equipment that I test.
It sounded wonderful, there was power then I hoped for (or ever needed). To this day I argue with the better half that music should be listed at levels that allow you to appreciate the finer details... her answer "I am getting a headacke from the noise". The next song is the killer for me, actually first 90-120 seconds of it "Money for nothing". Funny about this song. If you make me listen to it soft I do not like it. It sound like please switch it off BUT when you play it LOUD, you can feeeeel the music, the quitar, the base, the analog drums that enter and envelope the entire room. This is what I like best.
Well the AV performed much better than its predecessor and it was here to stay... Ever since it just gets better. Oh, and BTW I replaced my monit B&W speakers to the Dali Ikon 7, now this unit really started shining through like a diamond on a heap of coal. I seriously cannot get enough of the sound.

In Doubt*

At some stage I was convinced by my friend that I should try and improve on the quality of sound by getting some really professional (expensive) DAC for my CD player and the iPhone/Network/DLNA music.
I started reading about it and thought to my self "yes, try it. It might be of some benefit".
I took a DAC made locally by one of the gurus and started testing it. I tested it for about a month. I tried any and all ways to improve the sound and as soon as I thought I heard something I failed in the blind test. As a side note it performed exceptionally well with y computer sound card
smile.gif

I did some research and found out that Pioneer Elite SC-27 receiver has some excellent DAC electronics inside BUT it is Pioneers best kept secret. Try finding any of this information on the web. Its damn hard. I will spill the beans it has "with a professional-grade Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit sampling rate converter (SRC) for ultra-wide dynamic range..."** which are considered amongst the best in hi-fi

Stigmata*

When you fire it all up, listen to it, enjoy it to its fullest the Pioneer Elite SC-27/SC-LX82 will give you a little bit of reality. It will remind you that we are all human and not everything is perfect.
The software, when fired off on a big plazma looks like it was made on a VHS video tape by first year electronics geek. nothing is intuitive.
The DLNA is moody. Pioneer Elite SC-27/SC-LX82 is and AUDIO Video receiver but DLNA will not work with Video
mad.gif

To this day I did not find out how I can program my remote control to operate other equipment. I need to switch on the lights to find the play, pause, skip, ffd buttons on the RC.

Passion*
My Conlcusion

If you want a good performer, that sounds and looks great (however, it will not let you tinkle with the video settings) then the Elite series is for you.
I strongly recommend it. Every now and then I lay in bed thinking what would the Susano sound like?... but then I thing to my self one should always chase one's dreams

* Thank you Mr. Peter Gabriel for this album, I still love it
** http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/newsroom/news/news/sclx82_sclx72/page.html

ProsCons
Build quality, MACCAC system, iphoe capabilities, plenty o juice, great looker (should NOT be locked away from sight)Remote Control is too clutered and difficult to use especially in the dark, software is confusing at best

Ratings
Design5
Features4
Performance5
Quality5
Value4
Overall5

#3 ·
Why not, I'll give it a shot. When I hook up my Geforce GTX 750 TI card from my PC via HDMI straight to my TV, it works.
Plug it into my SC27 via BD and use either 1 or 2 out, I get a short blip and nothing more. WHY? Happens with a Older Pioneer VSX 108 I have as well. I can get a Picture via MCACC.

Is it because of resolution?

Parked my SC27 because it couldn't pass 3d through the HDMI 2.1. That sucked.

#4 ·
Why not, I'll give it a shot. When I hook up my Geforce GTX 750 TI card from my PC via HDMI straight to my TV, it works.
Plug it into my SC27 via BD and use either 1 or 2 out, I get a short blip and nothing more. WHY? Happens with a Older Pioneer VSX 108 I have as well. I can get a Picture via MCACC.

Is it because of resolution?

Parked my SC27 because it couldn't pass 3d through the HDMI 2.1. That sucked.
No one, hello, as Charlie Brown said into the empty mailbox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.