Viewing Product: Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi
  • Review Image
  • Review Image
  • Review Image

Rating Distribution 3 Review(s)
    --
      --
        --
          --
            --
              3 Review(s)
              Reviews
                05-31-2013, 12:00 PM by andy sullivan
                If you're looking for a blu-ray player with most of the smart features, provides a very good picture and sound field, looks great in 3D, then look no further in the under $150 price range. It doesn't take up a lot of space, has a nice easy to use menu along with a nice compact remote. I will certainly miss the SD card slot (my only down grade) on my Panasonic (which I'm keeping for just that feature). I went with the Sony BDP-S5100 because I upgraded to a 3D TV and I am very impressed with the ...
                  06-10-2013, 09:21 AM by kamgol
                  I've only had this player for a few days, but have played around with it quite a bit over the weekend. I'll preface my review experience by saying that this is my first blu-ray player, so I have nothing to baseline it against.

The player loads very quickly upon power up. Compared to the load time on my Oppo 971h DVD player, it's a race car. The picture and sound quality are top notch, as expected. I did not experience any glitches during playback and the 7.1 surround sound is truly imme...
                    06-18-2013, 11:09 AM by imagic
                    When it comes to high-definition video technologies, I am an early adopter—which makes it a bit odd that I picked up Sony's BDP-S5100 yesterday. I'm very happy I did, because it is a really great performer that addresses many of my complaints about Blu-ray players. Surprisingly, the Sony player also improved my online-delivery experience, especially the quality of Netflix HD content.

Until last week, I relied on a PS3 for most Blu-ray playback. My first PlayStation 3 was also my first...
                    Related Conversations
                    There are no related topics.
                    Members
                    No members have owned this product.
                    No members want this product.
                    Details
                    Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi

Description: BDP-S5100

Details:

Detail Value
                    Binding Electronics
                    Brand Sony
                    EAN 0027242858411
                    Feature Premium Design & built-in Wi-Fi with superior range and strength
                    100+ streaming apps: Netflix, HuluPlus, Amazon Instant Video, Pandora & more
                    Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc 3D playback with 2D to 3D conversion
                    Throw content to your TV from your tablet with TV SideView
                    I/P noise reduction helps eliminate excess noise for a better viewing experience
                    Item Height 1.6 inches
                    Item Length 7.8 inches
                    Item Width 14.1 inches
                    Label Sony
                    Manufacturer Sony
                    MPN BDP-S5100
                    Package Height 1 inches
                    Package Length 1 inches
                    Package Weight 3.75 pounds
                    Package Width 1 inches
                    PackageQuantity 1
                    PartNumber BDP-S5100