--
      --
        --
          40%
            --
              5 Review(s)
              Reviews
                06-03-2013, 08:01 PM by youthman
                I've owned my 80GB "Fat" PS3 since Nov of 2008. The unit has performed very well since I've owned it. Sound quality is excellent, video quality is likewise on my 103" Cinescope Screen and Panasonic AE3000u projector. I've yet to find a disk that it will not play. Overall it is an excellent all around player, especially when you add the value of having a media server, bluray player, internet capabilities and the ability to update the firmware via online.

If it ever dies, I will likely pu...
                  06-04-2013, 01:41 PM by humoroussmile
                  The Playstation 3 is easily one of the best blu-ray players in the market. While my model (the 80GB) is no longer available for purchase, it holds up as well now as it did on the day I purchased it five years ago. Whether you want to watch DVDs, Blu-rays, or stream video, the Playstation 3 delivers and at the highest quality. Additionally, with Sony's constant software support of non-intrusive, occasional updates, this system should last me another five years at the very least. So let's start w...
                    06-04-2013, 06:59 PM by theUnscented
                    I've had the 80GB PS3 for four years. We use it for video games, Netflix, DVDs and watching movies on our remote 6TB NAS. I don't load anything on the included HD so No comment there. When we finished our basement home theatre with a 120" screen, we used the PS3 to power it via our Yamaha receiver. Great picture and sound.

I had purchased a Sony BDP BX110. It was extremely frustrating to associate my Netflix account. The remote is "line of sight" infrared, not Blue Tooth like the PS3......
                      06-04-2013, 10:58 PM by bearzeye
                      Features—Does it provide 3D and/or streaming capabilities? Which features are useful and which are not?
                      Yes it provides 3D and/or streaming capabilities.I have not used the 3D as I haven't got a 3D HDTV.I rent and/or purchase blue ray movies and bluray Music Video's.I love DTS Master Audio.I also Like Dolby's lossless version.

2) Setup—How did you connect it to your system, directly to the display or to an AVR or pre/pro? How easy is it to set the correct aspect ratio?
                      d...
                        06-05-2013, 09:21 AM by luminance
                        My tried and true second generation PlayStation 3 is a great Blu-ray player on top of everything else it does. Having the entire processing power of a gaming console certainly doesn’t hurt when it comes time to crunch Blu-ray image data. I keep the most up to date firmware installed in it so it still continues to be a thoroughly modern Blu-ray even though it hasn’t actually been new for quite a few years now. Since the updates never stop coming from Sony, I fully expect that performance edg...
                        Related Conversations
                        There are no related topics.
                        Members
                        No members have owned this product.
                        No members want this product.
                        Details
                        PlayStation 3 80GB System

Description: Includes PlayStation 3 80GB system, Dualshock 3 wireless controller, free PlayStation Network membership, internet ready Wi-Fi, and 80GB of hard disk storage for all your games, music, videos, and photos. Every PS3 comes with a built-in Blu-ray player to give you the best high-definition viewing experience and pristine picture quality. Plus, the PS3 can play your entire catalog of CDs and DVDs.

Details:

Detail Value
                        Binding Video Game
                        Brand Sony
                        EAN 0711719801504
                        Feature Includes PlayStation 3 80 GB system, Dualshock 3 wireless controller, and free PlayStation Network membership
                        Internet ready Wi-Fi
                        80 GB of hard disk storage for all your games, music, videos, and photos
                        Built-in Blu-ray player to give you the best high-definition viewing experience and pristine picture quality
                        Play your entire catalog of CDs and DVDs
                        Item Height 7 inches
                        Item Length 13.75 inches
                        Item Width 17.25 inches
                        Label Sony
                        Manufacturer Sony
                        MPN 711719801504
                        NumberOfItems 1
                        Package Height 6.6 inches
                        Package Length 14.3 inches
                        Package Weight 11.15 pounds
                        Package Width 12.6 inches
                        PackageQuantity 1
                        PartNumber 711719801504
                        ProductGroup Video Games
                        ProductTypeName VIDEO_GAME_HARDWARE
                        Publisher Sony
                        SKU DH98013
                        Studio Sony
                        Title PlayStation 3 80GB System
                        UPC 711719801306
                        UPCList - UPCListElement 711719801306
                        Item Weight 15 pounds
                        CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElement 711719801306
                        Model 711719801504
                        Languages - Original Language English
                        Platform PlayStation 3
                        ReleaseDate 2008-08-20
                        OperatingSystem PlayStation 3
                        HardwarePlatform Playstation 3
                        NumberOfDiscs 1
                        ESRBAgeRating Everyone
                        Genre Action Games