--
      --
        --
          40%
            20%
              5 Review(s)
              Reviews
                06-01-2013, 03:30 PM by Sean Spamilton
                Sony did A/V enthusiasts a solid when they released the initial version of Playstation 3 way back in Q4, 2006. With the ability to play the next level of games, and an included blue ray player to boot, people clamored over each-other to get their hands on one for a cool $500.00 (20gb HDD) or $600.00 (60gb HDD). Taking a loss on each unit sold, Sony gambled that the blue ray would become the media of the future, and after a brief battle with Toshiba's HD-DVD technology, ( supported by XBOX 360 w...
                  06-03-2013, 04:55 PM by Robot Hobo
                  The PS3 is one of the best blu-ray players on the market. It can be a bit slower to start a movie than some, but not by more than a few seconds. It gets frequent firmware updates, a worry with some players. Has apps for Netflix and other media streaming sources. The standard game controller works well enough for media, but the (sold-separately) media remote is very slick, and uses bluetooth rather than IR. It's reasonably quiet, as long as it has some breathing room. Also seems to be extremely ...
                    06-04-2013, 08:01 PM by cthornton1
                    We have had a PS3 for years now and while we have a sony slimline in the bedroom we never use it. The PS3 system is so versatile it is amazing that it was pushed as a gaming system. When I worked in retail they said to always sell it as a gaming system, I never did know of the awesome Bluray/3D capabilities until I quit retail and wanted to expand my system at home and everywhere I read reviews (including this forum) everyone bragged on the PS3 so I bought it and have been happy every since.
                      06-05-2013, 06:13 PM by cdann08
                      Aside from being a gaming console, the Playstation 3 is quite a versatile home theater box. I've got an Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Roku LT, and while all are great, none of them quite do everything. The Xbox and PS3 are both great gaming consoles in their own rights, but the Xbox doesn't pack a Blu-ray player, and the PS3 leaves just a little to be desired from streaming options compared to the Xbox. I've either console in separate rooms of my house, and the reason I have the third multimedia...
                        04-18-2014, 08:39 PM by barelyderr251

I can't think of anything to say than PS3 is a must have and simply amazing!  I just had to give it up (sadly) because I can't find extra time to play at home anymore and my nephew can take care of it than I do so now, I'm thinking of buying PS4 and hoping this time, I could really play. I never had any problem with my PS 3 before!

Related Conversations
                        There are no related topics.
                        Members
                        No members want this product.
                        Details
                        PlayStation 3 320GB System

Description: The PS3 system is now slimmer and lighter than ever before. While the form factor may have changed, the PS3 system still comes with free access to the PlayStation Network, built-in Wi-Fi, and hard disk drive storage for games, music, videos, and photos. Plus, the PS3 system is the only gaming console with a Blu-ray player to give you the best high-definition viewing experience on your television. With five times the capacity of standard DVDs, Blu-ray discs gives you more realistic and immersive gameplay that can only be possible on the PS3 system with games such as Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year, and MAG. All PlayStation 3 systems are already equipped with everything you need to play stereoscopic 3D games.

Details:

Detail Value
                        Binding Video Game
                        Brand Sony
                        EAN 0711719842408
                        Feature New slimmer, lighter PS3 system
                        320GB HDD for storing games, music, videos, and photos
                        Streams thousands of movies and TV shows instantly from Netflix
                        Built-in Blu-ray player with 3D capabilities. HDMI output for 1080p resolution.
                        Free* PlayStation Network membership
                        Item Height 13.38 inches
                        Item Length 6.3 inches
                        Item Width 13.38 inches
                        Label Sony
                        Manufacturer Sony
                        MPN 98424
                        NumberOfItems 1
                        Package Height 6.2 inches
                        Package Length 13.5 inches
                        Package Weight 9.5 pounds
                        Package Width 13.3 inches
                        PackageQuantity 1
                        PartNumber 98424
                        ProductGroup Video Games
                        ProductTypeName VIDEO_GAME_HARDWARE
                        Publisher Sony
                        SKU 5FFD35BF
                        Studio Sony
                        Title PlayStation 3 320GB System
                        UPC 711719841906
                        UPCList - UPCListElement 711719841906
                        Item Weight 9.5 pounds
                        CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElement 98419
                        DH98424
                        Model 98424
                        Languages - Original Language English
                        Platform PlayStation 3
                        Warranty A one (1) year manufacturer warranty still exists, will expire March of 2013.
                        ReleaseDate 2010-10-28
                        Format CD-ROM
                        OperatingSystem PlayStation 3
                        HardwarePlatform Playstation 3
                        ESRBAgeRating Everyone
                        Genre action-games