AVS Forum banner

VIZIO M471i-A2 47-inch Smart LED HDTV

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
VIZIO M471i-A2 47-inch Smart LED HDTV

Description:
The all-new M-Series 47" (46.5" diag.) Razor LED Smart TV has arrived with an ultra-modern design, brilliant picture quality, and a new, faster VIZIO Internet Apps Plus experience. Give any room an easy "designer home" makeover with the signature design of the M-Series, featuring an ultra-thin bezel that virtually vanishes next to the nearly edge-to-edge display. Enjoy stunning picture quality with the latest technology: Razor LED with Smart Dimming for vivid colors and deep contrast, Full HD 1080p and 120Hz effective refresh rate with backlight scanning for the sharpest possible picture. Now with the new, faster VIZIO Internet Apps Plus Smart TV experience, get connected with Built-In Wi-Fi to the latest hit movies, TV shows, music and more from favorites like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, M-Go, HuluPlus, and Pandora. VIZIO M-Series: It's the must-have entertainment upgrade you've been waiting for.

Details:
DetailValue
BindingElectronics
BrandVizio
EAN0845226008498
FeatureVIZIO Internet Apps Plus -Instantly enjoy the latest hit movies, TV shows, music and even more apps made for the big screen
Razor LED with Smart Dimming for a more vibrant picture with deeper contrast -all in an ultra-thin design
Built-In Wi-Fi -easily connect to the Internet with ultra fast wireless
M-Series Signature Design -Give your room a designer upgrade with the M-Series razor thin, near borderless signature design
120Hz effective refresh rate enhanced with backlight scanning -Enjoy clear fast action scenes
Item Height26.54 inches
Item Length8.54 inches
Item Width41.93 inches
LabelVIZIO
ManufacturerVIZIO
MPNM471i-A2
Package Height16 inches
Package Length21 inches
Package Weight21 pounds
Package Width16 inches
PackageQuantity1
PartNumberM471i-A2
ProductGroupHome Theater
ProductTypeNameTELEVISION
PublisherVIZIO
StudioVIZIO
TitleVIZIO M471i-A2 47-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV
UPC845226008498
UPCList - UPCListElement845226008498
Item Weight45.19 pounds
CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElementM471i-A2
ModelM471i-A2
Warranty1

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Great value for the money

review by jnavas

Purchased as upgrade from (good) Vizio E-series 42 inch HDTV.

Original stand had cosmetic defect. Replacement was even worse. Waiting for 2nd replacement.
Vizio customer service was relatively good about the issue.

Inputs tested: Comcast cable, over the air digital TV, HDMI from Blu-ray player and computer.

Wi-Fi Internet (over ADSL2+ service at 16.4 Mbps) works quite well even for HD streaming.

Operation is relatively speedy, significantly faster on Internet apps than E-series it replaced.
Good information display on screen.

Thin bezel is a big plus, making picture seem bigger, to float in the air.
Color and brightness were mediocre out of the box, but adjustments resulted in good quality picture.
Black levels are very good. Screen brightness is fairly even, as good or better than most.

Tuner does a very good job of receiving digital HDTV over the air.

Relatively easy to add to Logitech Harmony Remote with a bit of tweaking.

As good or better than other sets costing much more, excellent value for the money. Recommended.

ProsCons
Good picture, multiple inputs, Internet apps, relatively speedy, thin bezel, great valueQuality control, mediocre color out of box

Ratings
Design4
Features4
Performance4
Color Accuracy4
Black Levels4
Value5
Overall4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.