Viewing Product: Sony VPLHS20 Cineza Digital Home Entertainment LCD Projector - AVS Forum
Sony VPLHS20 Cineza Digital Home Entertainment LCD Projector
Rating Distribution 1 Review(s)
    --
      --
        --
          100%
            --
              1 Review(s)
              Reviews
                05-14-2013, 09:34 AM by varkeast
                I recently purchased a house with a basement theater that came with a Sony VPL-HS20. Considering it came with the house, I was more than happy to take it.

Features:

The VPL-HS20 is a 768p projector that takes a 720p input signal natively. As hard as I try, I can not get the thing to take a 1:1 pixel mapping from my PC attached via HDMI or DVI. There is always around 5% cut off from each side of the image with no way to correct the overscan. There are only a few modes, and ...
                Related Conversations
                There are no related topics.
                Members
                No members have owned this product.
                No members own this product.
                No members want this product.
                Details
                Sony VPLHS20 Cineza Digital Home Entertainment LCD Projector

Description: Product Features Multimedia HD-ready LCD projector for 40- to 300-inch screens; 13.62 x 5.88 x 14.62 inches (W x H x D) CineMotion 3:2 pulldown delivers more accurate images; Memory Stick slot for JPEG and MPEG digital images 3.2-megapixel resolution; broadcasts 1080i, 720p, 480i, and 480p images Component, S-video, composite, HD-HDMI, mini-USB, and audio inputs 4-watt speaker system (2 watts x 2) Technical Details Brand Name: Sony Model: VPLHS20 Hardware Platform: PC Display: LCD projector Form Factor: Desktop Minimum Image Size: 3.3 feet Maximum Image Size: 25 feet Minimum Screen Distance: 5 feet Maximum Screen Distance: 46 feet Display Resolution Maximum: 1386 x 788 Image Brightness: 1400 ANSI lumens Lamp: UHP Audio Output Type: Speaker(s) Width: 13.6 inches Depth: 14.5 inches Height: 5.8 inches Weight: 11.9 pounds Product Description Create your own home movie theater with the VPL-HS20 Cineza HD-ready digital LCD projector, which mounts on the ceiling or sits on a table while projecting onto screens from 40 to 300 inches in size. The Cineza is designed for longevity, with a lamp that lasts up to 3,000 hours and an ultra-quiet fan (28 dB) that runs unobtrusively in the background. The projector's high-resolution picture stems from its single lens projection system, which transfers a 1,386 x 788 picture across its three WXGA LCD panels for a total of 3.276,504 pixels (3.27 megapixels). Viewers will also appreciate the projector's versatile broadcast facility, with the ability to accept 480i and 480p broadcast signals along with HD-compatible 1080i and 720p modes. The projector also accepts images from a computer signal, letting users display PowerPoint presentations, online movies, and more, and even includes a Memory Stick slot for instant playback of JPEG still images or MPEG digital movies. The full impact of a movie's video images are aided by a variety of picture-sharpening features, including CineMotion 3:2 reverse pulldown, which...

Details:

Detail Value
                Binding Electronics
                Brand Sony
                EAN 0027242627062
                Feature Multimedia HD-ready LCD projector for 40- to 300-inch screens; 13.62 x 5.88 x 14.62 inches (W x H x D)
                CineMotion 3:2 pulldown delivers more accurate images; Memory Stick slot for JPEG and MPEG digital images
                3.2-megapixel resolution; broadcasts 1080i, 720p, 480i, and 480p images
                Component, S-video, composite, HD-HDMI, mini-USB, and audio inputs
                4-watt speaker system (2 watts x 2)
                Item Height 14.53 inches
                Item Length 5.83 inches
                Item Width 13.58 inches
                Label Sony
                Manufacturer Sony
                MPN VPLHS20
                NumberOfItems 1
                Package Height 12.48 inches
                Package Length 20.51 inches
                Package Weight 22.93 pounds
                Package Width 19.45 inches
                PackageQuantity 1
                PartNumber VPLHS20
                ProductGroup Home Theater
                ProductTypeName VIDEO_PROJECTOR
                Publisher Sony
                Studio Sony
                Title Sony VPLHS20 Cineza Digital Home Entertainment LCD Projector
                UPC 027242627062
                UPCList - UPCListElement 027242627062
                CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElement VPLHS20
                Model VPLHS20
                Warranty 2 year parts, 2 year labor
                HardwarePlatform PC