Reviews
                09-26-2013, 06:11 AM by kkirsche
                My Setup:
                Receiver: STR-DN1040
                Banana Plugs: Seawell Deadbolt
                Speakers: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
                Subwoofer: BIC F-12

Initial Setup:-
                The initial setup was great. I started by wiring up all the speakers, THEN plugging it in (per the instructions). Banana plugs were very tight and I was concerned I was going to break something to get them in. Some ports went in nice and easily others were like pulling teeth. Once everything was wired, turned it on and was greeted by an initi...
                  10-28-2013, 09:16 PM by sdsalsero
                  I was very excited to upgrade to the new Sony STR-DN1040. My primary consideration was that I wanted to have on-demand DLNA streaming. My previously used the Sony SMP-N200 streaming box and it was very reliable -- but it wasn't built-in to the receiver so I had to manually power-on and select inputs first. So the 1040 receiver seemed the perfect solution. Unfortunately, my experience was ruined by the total failure of the HDMI ports. Sometimes they work, then they don't. All the connected devic...
                    05-11-2014, 02:37 AM by fullyautomated

Pros: 8 HDMI inputs, AirPlay, WiFi, Bluetooth, Streaming Apps, 4K Upscale, 165W per channel, usb input, movies & music sound great, but I'm not an audiophile, updatable via firmware (ethernet or WiFi)

Cons: Second zone isn't powered, firmware update/install takes forever, can't set center channel to large unless fl & fr are set to large, auto calibration isn't as good as Audyssey, dacs aren't on par with higher end gear, some people have reported problems with HDMI, ...

Related Conversations
                    There are no related topics.
                    Members
                    No members have owned this product.
                    No members want this product.
                    Details
                    Sony STR-DN1040 7.2 Channel 1050-Watt A/V Receiver

Description: Stream crisp, powerful audio with built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Airplay. With 7.2 channels and 150 watts8 of power, it’s legendary Sony sound that really connects. Featuring 4K resolution pass-through, 6 HD inputs and a graphical interface, this receiver brings out the best in your music, Blu-ray movies, games and more.

Details:

Detail Value
                    Binding Electronics
                    Brand Sony
                    EAN 0027242863002
                    Feature 7.2 Ch. Of Power - 165W per channel, this powerhouse envelopes you in a new level of sound performance. (165W x 7 @ 8ohms 1kHz 0.9% THD with 1 ch. driven)
                    Wi-Fi Built-in - Get connected to the Internet and your home network to access more music than you can imagine, including music stored on your computer, music services built-in or AirPlay.
                    AirPlay - Easily stream your music from your iPhone/iPod Touch, iPad or iTunes along with compatible music Apps like Spotify and iHeart Radio. Simply, touch the AirPlay logo when it appears and select the STRDN1040 to amplify your tunes.
                    Bluetooth Built-in - Play your music out loud - stream it from your smart phone or tablet to the receiver.
                    Network Services - Music streaming at its very best. Navigate and enjoy the latest from Pandora, Music Unlimited, Slacker and vTuner.
                    Item Height 10.51 inches
                    Item Length 19.6 inches
                    Item Width 15.67 inches
                    Label Sony
                    Manufacturer Sony
                    MPN STR-DN1040
                    Package Height 10.3 inches
                    Package Length 30.1 inches
                    Package Weight 25.75 pounds
                    Package Width 15.8 inches
                    PackageQuantity 1
                    PartNumber STR-DN1040