Viewing Product: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector (V11H336120) - AVS Forum
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector (V11H336120)
  • Review Image
  • Review Image
  • Review Image

Rating Distribution 4 Review(s)
    25%
      25%
        --
          --
            --
              4 Review(s)
              Reviews
                05-10-2013, 04:49 PM by Judo1
                The Epson 8100 was my first foray into projectors, and I picked it up for a steal... a very good HD projector at an even thousand dollars (plus tax). When I first got it, I couldn't wait to check it out. So I took it out of the box, set it on a chair, and hooked it up to my friend's blu-ray player. Even projecting on a wall painted light blue, I was amazed at the quality (the first thing showing was Star Trek's main menu).

I have since installed it hanging from the ceiling in the home t...
                  05-10-2013, 05:13 PM by Mike Roberts
                  I have the Epson 8100 in my basement, dedicated theatre. This is my first projector and I was looking for a good value LCD 1080p with a decent amount of lens shift and zoom to accommodate the placement needed in my room. I have it ceiling mounted with a 15-foot throw to a 100” Elite Screens CineWhite fixed screen. My room is a very dark red with a black screen wall and ceiling, and total light control.

The out of the box image on the 8100 is okay, but not perfect. Even with calibratio...
                    09-10-2013, 04:41 PM by JDontee
                    Amazing picture, very easy setup. But the lamp says it's rated for 4000 hours, and mine burned out at 630 hours. Evidently it has become a common problem.
                      12-15-2013, 11:23 PM by S-curvy

From my Amazon review:

@HomeTekkie's review is the same as mine:  In different words, I second everything @HomeTekkie found at fault w/ his/her Epson 8100, my experience was nearly identical.  We purchased our projector in mid 2010 for about $1,400, and this was based on the many glowing reviews, and especially the "best in the business customer service" as put forth by the dealer and by what I researched on places like AVSforum.com and ProjectorCentral.com.

2 bulbs...

Related Conversations
                      There are no related topics.
                      Members
                      No members have owned this product.
                      No members want this product.
                      Details
                      Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector (V11H336120)

Description: Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 1080p 3LCD Home Theater Projector

Details:

Detail Value
                      Binding Electronics
                      Brand Epson
                      EAN 0010343874374
                      Feature Rich, vibrant color and reliable performance ? 3LCD, 3-chip optical engine
                      High-definition, 1080p home theater experience ? D7 panel delivers 1920 x 1080 resolution
                      Astounding clarity ? 36,000:1 contrast ratio
                      Stunning picture uniformity and clarity ? stateof- the-art lens by Fujinon
                      Amazing, true-to-life color ? Epson exclusive Cinema Filter with an expanded color gamut
                      Item Height 5.4 inches
                      Item Length 14.2 inches
                      Item Width 17.7 inches
                      Label Epson
                      Manufacturer Epson
                      MPN V11H336120
                      NumberOfItems 1
                      Package Height 11.5 inches
                      Package Length 23.25 inches
                      Package Weight 23.7 pounds
                      Package Width 18.25 inches
                      PackageQuantity 1
                      PartNumber V11H336120
                      ProductGroup Home Theater
                      ProductTypeName VIDEO_DEVICE
                      Publisher Epson
                      SKU Home Cinema 8100
                      Studio Epson
                      Title Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector (V11H336120)
                      UPC 010343874374
                      UPCList - UPCListElement 010343874374
                      Item Weight 16.1 pounds
                      CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElement V11H336120
                      Model V11H336120
                      HardwarePlatform PC