Viewing Product: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector (V11H336120) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector (V11H336120)
  • Review Image
  • Review Image
  • Review Image

Rating Distribution 4 Review(s)
    25%
      25%
        --
          --
            --
              4 Review(s)
              Reviews
                05-10-2013, 03:49 PM by Judo1
                The Epson 8100 was my first foray into projectors, and I picked it up for a steal... a very good HD projector at an even thousand dollars (plus tax). When I first got it, I couldn't wait to check it out. So I took it out of the box, set it on a chair, and hooked it up to my friend's blu-ray player. Even projecting on a wall painted light blue, I was amazed at the quality (the first thing showing was Star Trek's main menu).

I have since installed it hanging from the ceiling in the home t...
                  05-10-2013, 04:13 PM by Mike Roberts
                  I have the Epson 8100 in my basement, dedicated theatre. This is my first projector and I was looking for a good value LCD 1080p with a decent amount of lens shift and zoom to accommodate the placement needed in my room. I have it ceiling mounted with a 15-foot throw to a 100” Elite Screens CineWhite fixed screen. My room is a very dark red with a black screen wall and ceiling, and total light control.

The out of the box image on the 8100 is okay, but not perfect. Even with calibratio...
                    09-10-2013, 03:41 PM by JDontee
                    Amazing picture, very easy setup. But the lamp says it's rated for 4000 hours, and mine burned out at 630 hours. Evidently it has become a common problem.
                      12-15-2013, 10:23 PM by S-curvy

From my Amazon review:

@HomeTekkie's review is the same as mine:  In different words, I second everything @HomeTekkie found at fault w/ his/her Epson 8100, my experience was nearly identical.  We purchased our projector in mid 2010 for about $1,400, and this was based on the many glowing reviews, and especially the "best in the business customer service" as put forth by the dealer and by what I researched on places like AVSforum.com and ProjectorCentral.com.

2 bulbs...

Related Conversations
                      There are no related topics.
                      Members
                      No members have owned this product.
                      No members want this product.
                      Details
                      Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector (V11H336120)

Description: Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 1080p 3LCD Home Theater Projector

Details:

Detail Value
                      Binding Electronics
                      Brand Epson
                      EAN 0010343874374
                      Feature Rich, vibrant color and reliable performance ? 3LCD, 3-chip optical engine
                      High-definition, 1080p home theater experience ? D7 panel delivers 1920 x 1080 resolution
                      Astounding clarity ? 36,000:1 contrast ratio
                      Stunning picture uniformity and clarity ? stateof- the-art lens by Fujinon
                      Amazing, true-to-life color ? Epson exclusive Cinema Filter with an expanded color gamut
                      Item Height 5.4 inches
                      Item Length 14.2 inches
                      Item Width 17.7 inches
                      Label Epson
                      Manufacturer Epson
                      MPN V11H336120
                      NumberOfItems 1
                      Package Height 11.5 inches
                      Package Length 23.25 inches
                      Package Weight 23.7 pounds
                      Package Width 18.25 inches
                      PackageQuantity 1
                      PartNumber V11H336120
                      ProductGroup Home Theater
                      ProductTypeName VIDEO_DEVICE
                      Publisher Epson
                      SKU Home Cinema 8100
                      Studio Epson
                      Title Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector (V11H336120)
                      UPC 010343874374
                      UPCList - UPCListElement 010343874374
                      Item Weight 16.1 pounds
                      CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElement V11H336120
                      Model V11H336120
                      HardwarePlatform PC