Viewing Product: Emotiva UMC-200 7.1 Home Theater Preamp/Surround Processor - AVS Forum
Emotiva UMC-200 7.1 Home Theater Preamp/Surround Processor
  • Review Image
  • Review Image
  • Review Image
  • Review Image

Rating Distribution 2 Review(s)
    --
      --
        --
          100%
            --
              2 Review(s)
              Reviews
                10-29-2013, 07:53 AM by Draden1
                The hookup for my 7.1 theater was very easy as all the UMC-200 uses for video is HDMI, there are no legacy formats like component or S video supported here. The four HDMI ins could be a problem for some setups depending on how many sources you have. I currently have 6 sources connected to the UMC-200 thanks to the help of an Oppo BDP-103 which has 2 HDMI ins. My Xbox, PS3, and HD-DVD take up 3 of the 4 slots while the Oppo (with Dish and Apple TV plugged into it) takes the fourth. This setup wo...
                  05-15-2014, 09:33 AM by thrillcat
                  For a quick overview, I'm running the UMC-200 with a UPA-700 in a dedicated 7.1 home theater. I don't do any real music listening on this system. My sources are a TiVo Premiere, an AppleTV, a PS3 and an Xbox 360. For display I use an Optoma HD-20 hitting a Seymour AV CenterStage XD 115" screen which is in front of my B&W LCR speakers.

This is a great unit. I'm not going to call it entry-level, because that would sell it short. I'll call it a value-unit. What you get from the UMC-200...
                  Related Conversations
                  There are no related topics.
                  Members
                  Details
                  Emotiva UMC-200 7.1 Home Theater Preamp/Surround Processor

Description: Don't settle for an ordinary receiver-or another "entry level" processor/preamp when you can have true high-end performance at an amazingly affordable price. Emotiva's all-new UMC-200 will have you up and running fast with audiophile quality sound and super-responsive video. The UMC-200 delivers superb performance that no other processor near its price can match. It handles HD video and full 24/192 audio with ease, and can have you up and running with minimal fuss or bother - yet it still provides you with all the comprehensive in-depth control you need to customize its performance, just the way you want it.

Getting started with the UMC-200 is easy. Just connect your sources, plug in the included calibration mic, and use the all-new EmoQTM Gen 2 enhanced multi-channel automatic room correction to automatically adjust your system and room acoustics to perfection. Now you can start enjoying all the latest HD audio and video standards, including DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS Neo:6, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, and Pro Logic IIz. The performance will blow you away!

In the past, switching video inputs was often slow and unreliable, but not with the UMC-200. Thanks to XpressviewTM switching technology, switching between HDMI inputs on the UMC-200 is clean and concise, and requires as little as a second. On the UMC-200, the HDMI output and all the inputs are fully HDMI 1.4 compliant, and the UMC-200 supports 3D, and CEC, and will accept an ARC input from your TV for even more flexibility. We've even included a convenient feature called Video-On-Standby, which can be configured to send audio and video to your TV even when UMC-200 is switched into standby mode; now your kids can watch cartoons without having to turn on "the big system".

Details:

Detail Value
                  Binding Electronics
                  Brand Emotiva
                  EAN 0616932927836
                  Feature Exceptional video performance with 4 HDMI 1.4 inputs and one HDMI 1.4 output, with full support for 3D, CEC, and ARC.
                  AD 7623 HDMI switch, with XpressviewTM switching, provides fast, clean input selection.
                  Stunning High Definition Surround Sound with Twin CirrusĀ® 32-bit dual-core fixed-point DSP's.
                  Support for all current surround formats, including Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, DTS, DTS ES, DTS HD, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS Neo:6, SPDIF, PCM 8 channel (note: some audio formats are only supported via HDMI).
                  Advanced Emo-Q Gen2TM automatic multi-channel room correction and loudspeaker setup gets you started fast (calibrated measurement microphone included).
                  Label Emotiva
                  Manufacturer Emotiva
                  MPN UMC-200
                  PartNumber UMC-200
                  ProductGroup Receiver or Amplifier
                  ProductTypeName AUDIO_OR_VIDEO
                  Publisher Emotiva
                  Studio Emotiva
                  Title Emotiva UMC-200 7.1 Home Theater Preamp/Surround Processor
                  UPC 616932927836
                  UPCList - UPCListElement 616932927836
                  Model UMC-200