AVS Forum banner

Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker (Black)

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker (Black)

Description:
The ultimate in Reference Series performance, the Klipsch RF-7 II Tower speaker lets you experience the true power, detail and emotion of cinematic spectacles and concert performances from the comforts of home. The RF-7 II is complete with Klipsch proprietary Tractrix Horn technology which produces a unique combination of precision, clarity and effortless power. Finished in a beautiful black furniture-grade wood veneer, the RF-7 II is guaranteed to complement any d?cor. -Features-Flagship Reference Series model ideal for discerning audiophiles-Fills large rooms with movie theater/concert quality sound-Uncovers every subtle nuance of your content-Highly efficient design produces more Output using less energy-Accurate, non-fatiguing sound provides hours of listening pleasure-Plays louder with less Distortion than the competition-Dynamic 1.75" titanium horn-loaded tweeter, dual 10" high-output woofers-Beautiful furniture-grade wood veneer cabinet-Specifications-Frequency Response: 30Hz-24KHz ? 3dB-Power Handling: 250W RMS / 1000W Peak-Sensitivity: 101dB @ 2.83V / 1m-Impedance: 8 Ohms compatible-High Frequency Drivers: 1.75" (4.45cm) Titanium diaphragm Compression driver -High Frequency Horn: 8" square 90? x 60? Tractrix Horn-Low Frequency Drivers: Two 10" (25.4cm) Cerametallic cone woofers-Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex via dual-firing ports-Inputs: Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp -Finish: Black Ash furniture grade wood veneer-Dimensions (HxWxD): 48.5 x 11.6 x 16.3 in.-Weight: 87.1 lbs.

Details:
DetailValue
ManufacturerKlipsch

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Love the look and sound in these Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series

review by newwavedave

When I purchased the Klipsch RF-7 II Home Theater Speaker set for my Home Theater, I had a lot of questions. This was the single greatest expense for the theater and I didn't want to mess it up. I spent a lot of time reviewing these speakers on the Internet and reading AVS Forum posts, but still had many unanswered questions on how well they would work for my situation. Mike at www.acousticsounddesign.com was very helpful in answering my questions. I purchased the speakers at Christmas, so I know Mike had to handle some of my calls from home. In an effort to save money, I was planning to purchase the B-grade speakers, however Acoustic Design was out of stock on the B-speakers so they gave me the A-grade for the same low cost. I really appreciated this!

Once I placed the order, the speakers were on their way with a freight company in less than 2 days. Given the timing was at New Years, this was pretty impressive. I received the speakers in 5 days. They arrived on a large wooden skip and were well wrapped.

The speakers are incredible, the sound is more than I expected! This was a great purchase experience all around, from the pre-order support to arrival of the product. I will definitely go back to Acoustics Sound Design for my next speaker purchase (need speakers for the living room ceiling now).

Dave

ProsCons
Incredible sounding speaker set, great frequency response!Heavy and a bit on the expensive side

Ratings
Design4
Features5
Performance5
Value4
Overall4

#4 ·
AMAZING SPEAKERS!

review by shockfish

I recently bought a pair of klipsch RF7II speakers and a RC62II center channel from Acoustic Sound Design. I bought a Harman Kardon AVR 3700 to power them.The sound quality is nothing short of amazing! Mike Embers was very helpful in helping me decide between the RF82II package and the RF7'S. I was eventually sold on the RF7'S which I wanted anyways when I found The cherry B-stock setup and the Harman Kardon 3700 for $3400! The receiver is awesome at cleaning up the video to jawdropping quality! I already have a sony xbr4 tv and a sony bdps770 blu ray player. The tv and player were very good but on some movies I still got a little motion blur especially when I turned up the motionflow. Which makes the picture very 3d looking even without a 3d tv. The AVR3700 gave me a picture so good It looked like a new tv! Probably a 50% improvement in definition and no motion blur even with tv on higher setting. I played some older rap cds I had and the RF7,S just ate it up even at concert volume! This receiver is rated 125 watts RMS. Only half of what the speakers can handle. If you are looking for a system that will drop your jaw even without a sub....Look no further!

ProsCons
Powerful,Sounds awesome with all kinds of musicNONE!!

Ratings
Design4
Features4
Performance4
Value4
Overall5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.