--
        17%
          --
            --
              6 Review(s)
              Reviews
                06-03-2013, 04:39 PM by gnickers
                Features

I have no interest in 3D so have not tested that. While it has build in network capabilities, like every device on the planet, i use a dedicated media center running XBMC. Those are frills anyway, who cares if your dvd or tv has a YouTube app. Built-in vendor apps can never compete on features or power with a popular open source project like XBMC or mythTV. The most useful feature is the eSata port which I have connected to a large external hard drive to hold blu-ray con...
                  06-04-2013, 06:21 AM by LarsR
                  From a two-year period of evaluation, I like to provide some feedback on the list of features, advertized by Oppo, the following rational conclusions are made:

Diversified Media Support:
                  Blu-ray Disc – Works as advertised without flaws
                  Blu-ray 3D - Some disks seem to require the 3D Mode setting Forced in order for the display to properly show 3d image
                  SACD – Multi-Channel priority and DSD output setting to SACD of DSD then the player is working as an analog passthr...
                    06-04-2013, 12:52 PM by thxkid1961
                    Ever since buying their 1st BDP-83, I have will never own another player but Oppo, now the BDP-93, not just because it plays Blu Rays and up-converted DVD the best all the features that come with and I have used them, 3D movie look great played through this and my 60in LG using the liquid filled shutter glasses. SACD plays and sound perfect, so does the DVD Audio, uncompressed audio is perfect also, I never knew what I was missing until I played my blu rays with the Master DTS and HD Dolby Digi...
                      06-10-2013, 08:42 PM by Philnick
                      The Oppo BDP-93 is a great Blu-ray player and network hub. Its picture quality is second to none and its analog audio output is great (I don't have the kind of "price is no object" audio gear that might motivate one to buy Oppo's 95 or 105 models). It does have 3D capability (and dual HDMI outputs for that purpose, so the image can go directly to a 3D display if the AVR's electronics can't pass on a 3D signal), but I don't like 3D, so that doesn't matter to me. It has both an Ethernet jack and...
                        06-13-2013, 11:59 PM by grandmort
                        The OPPO BDP-93 is a thing of beauty! With its superb sturdy design, brushed metal front plate and flush buttons this baby truly is the ultimate media machine. The BDP-93 supports all sort of audio formats and sounds great right out of the box but what truly makes it shine is the outstanding picture quality produced by its Marvell QDEO onboard video processing technology; Blu-ray titles never looked better and DVD upscaling quality is off the chart.

Connect a USB or e-SATA drive and, in...
                        <<-Show More->>
                        Related Conversations
                        There are no related topics.
                        Members
                        Details
                        OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray Player

Description: Oppo's BDP-93 gives you universal playback of Blu-ray, DVD, CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, and a wealth of digital files, with solid picture and sound quality no matter the format. With access to streaming content from Netflix or Blockbuster on Demand, USB and eSATA ports for your external drives, and wide connectivity including dual HDMI 1.4, this player defines versatility.

Details:

Detail Value
                        Binding Electronics
                        Brand OPPO Digital
                        EAN 0898072002066
                        Feature Universal Blu-ray disc player providing playback for a myriad of video formats on disc or eSATA/USB drives
                        Dual HDMI 1.4 outputs for multiple displays or separate, dedicated video/audio connections
                        Supports Blu-ray 3D specifications (3D television and glasses required)
                        Decoding and individual 7.1-channel output for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
                        Stream content from Netflix or Blockbuster and update firmware via your wireless or wired network; Voltage: 100V - 240V, 50/60Hz AC
                        Item Height 3 inches
                        Item Length 16.9 inches
                        Item Width 13.3 inches
                        Label OPPO Digital, Inc.
                        Manufacturer OPPO Digital, Inc.
                        MPN BDP-93
                        Package Height 7.3 inches
                        Package Length 20 inches
                        Package Weight 17.8 pounds
                        Package Width 18.4 inches
                        PackageQuantity 1
                        PartNumber BDP-93
                        ProductGroup Home Theater
                        ProductTypeName DVD_PLAYER_OR_RECORDER
                        Publisher OPPO Digital, Inc.
                        Studio OPPO Digital, Inc.
                        Title OPPO BDP-93 Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
                        UPC 898072002066
                        UPCList - UPCListElement 898072002066
                        Item Weight 11.2 pounds
                        CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElement BDP-93
                        Model BDP-93
                        Color Black
                        Warranty 1 Year Parts and Labor