Viewing Product: Samsung BD-D6500/ZA D6500 Serivce/blue-ray Disc Player/3d Stereo - AVS Forum
Samsung BD-D6500/ZA D6500 Serivce/blue-ray Disc Player/3d Stereo
Rating Distribution 2 Review(s)
    --
      --
        --
          --
            --
              2 Review(s)
              Reviews
                10-27-2012, 06:59 PM by rpfutrell
                When the media streaming devices came out, I really just had to have one. I tried the logitech revue and google tv. I really liked the revue, but it didn't let me stream hulu which I didn't like. It also didn't let me play DVD's or Blu-Rays, so I decided to go with the Samsung product. I actually had to buy three in total because of issues (keep reading), but kept coming back to this player.

The player started out ok, but had many annoying quirks, mostly mentioned in the CON's sections,...
                  10-31-2012, 04:20 PM by 50BMG
                  My Re-furbished BD-D6500 arrived today. Easily hooked up and working.

I own several other Samsung BD players, and a Samsung Plasma TV, but this unit was for my home theater projector setup.

It supplements a PS3 which for reasons I won't get into here, I will not re-flash to the latest firmware.

The 6500 was selected because it will work with my home streaming network server, because it can bitstream re-encode my DTS-only BD disks to AC3 for my aging THX Surround Processo...
                  Related Conversations
                  There are no related topics.
                  Members
                  No members have owned this product.
                  No members want this product.
                  Details
                  Samsung BD-D6500/ZA D6500 Serivce/blue-ray Disc Player/3d Stereo

Description: Samsung Smart Blu-ray Players allow you to easily search for movies, TV shows, explore Samsung apps and find many other types of new interactive content. Samsung Apps is a growing collection of premium apps specifically built for your TV that connects you to your favorite digital content such as movies from Netflix or Blockbuster, TV shows from Hulu Plus, videos from YouTube, music from Pandora, and social updates from Facebook or Twitter. A Search All feature enables you to find videos or files on both apps and other connected devices via AllShare DLNA Technology. The Your Video recommendation engine suggests movies you might like from your video-on-demand services. Samsung Smart Blu-ray Players lets you discover a new world of web-connected entertainment.

Details:

Detail Value
                  Binding Electronics
                  Brand Samsung
                  Feature D6500 SERIVCE/BLUE-RAY PLAYER/3D.
                  DVD Type: Blu-ray disc player.
                  Media Type 3D Blu-ray,Blu-ray Video,DVD-Video / DVD+/-R / DVD+/-RW,CD DA / CD-R / CD-RW.
                  Sound Output Mode Stereo; Width 16.93 Inch; Depth 8.23 Inch; Height 1.30 Inch.
                  Digital Video Standards ( Supported ) AVCHD, MKV, WMV(1/2/3/7/9), JPEG, HD JPEG; Digital Audio Standards ( Supported ) AAC; DTS; MP3; WMA; Linear PCM; Dolby Digital.
                  Label Samsung
                  Manufacturer Samsung
                  MPN B9OBEBC
                  Package Height 3.25 inches
                  Package Length 20 inches
                  Package Width 11.25 inches
                  PackageQuantity 1
                  PartNumber B9OBEBC
                  ProductGroup CE
                  ProductTypeName CONSUMER_ELECTRONICS
                  Publisher Samsung
                  SKU ARSNX2902523B10111
                  Studio Samsung
                  Title Samsung BD-D6500/ZA D6500 Serivce/blue-ray Disc Player/3d Stereo