Viewing Product: ZVOX 580 Low-Profile Single-Cabinet Surround Sound System with Optical and Coaxial Digital Inputs - AVS Forum
ZVOX 580 Low-Profile Single-Cabinet Surround Sound System with Optical and Coaxial Digital Inputs
  • Review Image
  • Review Image
  • Review Image
  • Review Image

Rating Distribution 2 Review(s)
    --
      --
        --
          --
            --
              2 Review(s)
              Reviews
                12-18-2013, 08:03 PM by adam1991
                Full disclosure: I just watch (recorded) TV and DVDs, very uncomplicated. I don't even have a large TV. But when I received my hand-me-down 37" Samsung a couple of years ago, I came to realize that manufacturers are absolutely putting the minimum speaker they can into their TVs. I can't really blame them, but still it's aggravating. It was difficult to hear even my simple programming.

I had known about ZVOX products for some time, and appreciated the theory of simple, good quality sound...
                  12-19-2013, 10:44 AM by BrianJohns
                  I recently downsized and in the process sold my AVR and surround-sound system hoping to start over with something simpler with fewer wires and less complexity and that would let me use my existing Tivo remote control to change the volume. About 2 months into using the TV-only speakers, the poor sound from the TV became unbearable.

I purchased a used ZVOX 580 on eBay hoping to save myself some money. It didn't work out so well.

The used ZVOX arrived. It's a big, heavy thing. It's...
                  Related Conversations
                  There are no related topics.
                  Members
                  No members have owned this product.
                  No members want this product.
                  Details
                  ZVOX 580 Low-Profile Single-Cabinet Surround Sound System with Optical and Coaxial Digital Inputs

Description: Now you can get room-filling home theater sound - without a room full of speakers and wires. The ZVOX Z-Base 580 is a complete surround sound system - including dual powered subwoofers - all in one cabinet. Just place the 580 on a piece of furniture, place your flat-panel TV on top of the ZVOX system, connect one wire…you've installed a high-performance home theater system in under 10 minutes. The sound quality of the ZVOX 580 is comparable to that of much more expensive multi-speaker systems. It includes five high-performance speakers and dual 6.5" powered subwoofers for window-rattling bass. The ZVOX Phase Cue virtual surround sound system creates three-dimensional sound without the need for multiple speakers throughout the room. Movies come to life with vibrant, realistic, high-impact sound. Music sounds accurate and natural. And vocals on TV shows come through with incredible clarity.

Details:

Detail Value
                  Binding Electronics
                  Brand ZVOX
                  EAN 0882360058019
                  Feature Dimensions: 36 "w x 16.5 "d x 5 "h
                  Weight: 33 pounds.
                  Amplifier: The 580 uses a high-efficiency 120 watt Class D digital amplifier.
                  Rear inputs: (2) analog stereo inputs, (1) digital (To slink) optical input, (1) coaxial digital input.
                  Front input: (1) 3.5mm stereo front panel input.
                  Item Height 5 inches
                  Item Length 36 inches
                  Item Width 16.5 inches
                  Label ZVOX
                  Manufacturer ZVOX
                  MPN 580
                  NumberOfItems 1
                  Package Height 8.7 inches
                  Package Length 39.5 inches
                  Package Weight 36.8 pounds
                  Package Width 20.5 inches
                  PackageQuantity 1
                  PartNumber 580
                  ProductGroup Speakers
                  ProductTypeName SPEAKERS
                  Publisher ZVOX
                  SKU 149961
                  Studio ZVOX
                  Title ZVOX 580 Low-Profile Single-Cabinet Surround Sound System with Optical and Coaxial Digital Inputs
                  UPC 882360058019
                  UPCList - UPCListElement 882360058019
                  Item Weight 33 pounds
                  CatalogNumberList - CatalogNumberListElement ZBase 580
                  Model 580
                  Warranty 1 year parts and labor