Viewing Review: Great Budget Speaker - AVS Forum
Great Budget Speaker Edit
by wtxgringo Combined Rating: 4.8
Upgraded to the Series I set from the Mordaunt-Short Carnival series & such a huge improvement in overall sound & balance but imho you really do need a quality subwoofer to complement these fully....
Pros Cons
  • look, finish, price, sound
  • lacks bass
398Upgraded to the Series I set from the Mordaunt-Short Carnival series & such a huge improvement in overall sound & balance but imho you really do need a quality subwoofer to complement these fully. There is good bass, just not a lot & the difference is audible to me, so I use a sub. Speakers are attractive, cherry veneer is nice looking, but silver face can be overbearing without the grill so I eventually purchased another set of M70s but Series II and use these as my fronts & surrounds & have M40s as front wides. Couldn't be more pleased with the sound they produce, from cd to sirius to lp using an Onkyo HT-RC180. The CS2 center provides good balance for tv & movies as well. I'd recommend the M70 to anyone looking to start an audio system, whether it be for music listening or movies! When balanced with a good sub, my wind ensemble cds have come to life & the sound is fantastic!!
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
wtxgringo 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM

70s as surrounds, 40s as wides 8^)

kanti123 11-13-2012, 09:27 AM

Awesome setup, I have the same setup for the Front and Center and exact model. What is your surround?

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: