Viewing Review: Great Budget Speaker - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Great Budget Speaker Edit
by wtxgringo Combined Rating: 4.8
Upgraded to the Series I set from the Mordaunt-Short Carnival series & such a huge improvement in overall sound & balance but imho you really do need a quality subwoofer to complement these fully....
Pros Cons
  • look, finish, price, sound
  • lacks bass
398Upgraded to the Series I set from the Mordaunt-Short Carnival series & such a huge improvement in overall sound & balance but imho you really do need a quality subwoofer to complement these fully. There is good bass, just not a lot & the difference is audible to me, so I use a sub. Speakers are attractive, cherry veneer is nice looking, but silver face can be overbearing without the grill so I eventually purchased another set of M70s but Series II and use these as my fronts & surrounds & have M40s as front wides. Couldn't be more pleased with the sound they produce, from cd to sirius to lp using an Onkyo HT-RC180. The CS2 center provides good balance for tv & movies as well. I'd recommend the M70 to anyone looking to start an audio system, whether it be for music listening or movies! When balanced with a good sub, my wind ensemble cds have come to life & the sound is fantastic!!
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
wtxgringo 11-13-2012, 03:22 PM

70s as surrounds, 40s as wides 8^)

kanti123 11-13-2012, 08:27 AM

Awesome setup, I have the same setup for the Front and Center and exact model. What is your surround?

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: