Viewing Review: Excellent 3D - Simply THE BEST - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Excellent 3D - Simply THE BEST Edit
by interpolnyc Combined Rating: 4.1
I payed U$S 3.500 @Argentina

Excellent TV.

Great 3D performance. (comming from an EX user of a SONY EX720)

Picture Quality with FULL HD movies is amazing.

The design is great. When the tv is...
Pros Cons
  • BEST 3D by far - Picture Quality - Design -
  • Black levels could be better - Standard remote needed
I payed U$S 3.500 @Argentina

Excellent TV.

Great 3D performance. (comming from an EX user of a SONY EX720)

Picture Quality with FULL HD movies is amazing.

The design is great. When the tv is off, everyone that pass near it says "wooowww".

The downside is that I miss an old standard remote control. The new magic pointer is hard to control and needs to shake to start to work. It´s a little detail that LG could add as an EXTRA and NOT as an obligation.

The black levels at night with all the lights off are not 100% black. But if I use BIAS LIGHTING it´s near perfect image.

Sorry about my english. tongue.gif
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
asdetail 06-17-2012, 02:44 AM

LG australia tried to sell it here for AU$2600 here and we dont have high tax on imports but fortunately the street price is now around AU$1900 or less on special, it is an exellent television following in the footsteps of its predecessor the LW series

interpolnyc 06-09-2012, 12:02 AM

It was U$S 3.500 US dollars. In my country in a great deal.

Importing stuff gets HIGH taxes and we all suffer that. It´s sad but true.

I don´t complain. I´m really happy with my TV and with bias lighting, the black levels are PERFECT. Seriously.

9600 series here costs about U$S 5000. So it´s out of my budget.

Again I say, GREAT TV comming from a failure on 3D as it was the Sony Ex720.

Gregck 06-08-2012, 10:01 PM

3500 argentina dollars? Or did you pay 3500 USD? This tv retails for about 1300-1600 USD or less sometimes when its on sale. I hope to god you didn't pay 3500 USD for this TV as that almost triple what it's worth! Anyways, i've heard nothing but good things about the new 6700/7600/8600 and 9600 series sets from LG. Black levels don't get really good until the 8600 series according to most (9600 if you ask a videophile) but it's a really good mid-level edge lit set. As an "EX" owner of a EX720 set as-well, i can agree it is a better TV. (From my limited experience with it in best buy)

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: