Viewing Review: Excellent 3D - Simply THE BEST - AVS Forum
Excellent 3D - Simply THE BEST Edit
by interpolnyc Combined Rating: 4.1
I payed U$S 3.500 @Argentina

Excellent TV.

Great 3D performance. (comming from an EX user of a SONY EX720)

Picture Quality with FULL HD movies is amazing.

The design is great. When the tv is...
Pros Cons
  • BEST 3D by far - Picture Quality - Design -
  • Black levels could be better - Standard remote needed
I payed U$S 3.500 @Argentina

Excellent TV.

Great 3D performance. (comming from an EX user of a SONY EX720)

Picture Quality with FULL HD movies is amazing.

The design is great. When the tv is off, everyone that pass near it says "wooowww".

The downside is that I miss an old standard remote control. The new magic pointer is hard to control and needs to shake to start to work. It´s a little detail that LG could add as an EXTRA and NOT as an obligation.

The black levels at night with all the lights off are not 100% black. But if I use BIAS LIGHTING it´s near perfect image.

Sorry about my english. tongue.gif
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
asdetail 06-17-2012, 03:44 AM

LG australia tried to sell it here for AU$2600 here and we dont have high tax on imports but fortunately the street price is now around AU$1900 or less on special, it is an exellent television following in the footsteps of its predecessor the LW series

interpolnyc 06-09-2012, 01:02 AM

It was U$S 3.500 US dollars. In my country in a great deal.

Importing stuff gets HIGH taxes and we all suffer that. It´s sad but true.

I don´t complain. I´m really happy with my TV and with bias lighting, the black levels are PERFECT. Seriously.

9600 series here costs about U$S 5000. So it´s out of my budget.

Again I say, GREAT TV comming from a failure on 3D as it was the Sony Ex720.

Gregck 06-08-2012, 11:01 PM

3500 argentina dollars? Or did you pay 3500 USD? This tv retails for about 1300-1600 USD or less sometimes when its on sale. I hope to god you didn't pay 3500 USD for this TV as that almost triple what it's worth! Anyways, i've heard nothing but good things about the new 6700/7600/8600 and 9600 series sets from LG. Black levels don't get really good until the 8600 series according to most (9600 if you ask a videophile) but it's a really good mid-level edge lit set. As an "EX" owner of a EX720 set as-well, i can agree it is a better TV. (From my limited experience with it in best buy)

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: