Viewing Review: $268 Local Pickup - Not bad for the money - AVS Forum
$268 Local Pickup - Not bad for the money Edit
by popalock Combined Rating: 4.6
This is the first screen/projector I have owned and thus far the screen has delivered as expected.
- Very uniform screen (no hot-spotting)
- Aluminum Frame
- Tensioned to the extreme - Very...
Pros Cons
  • Price!, Packing was good, Tensioned screen is very tight = No Sag
  • Very hard to get install the tension screen to the frame, Some velvet crush on the frame from shipping, Very limited mounting option
This is the first screen/projector I have owned and thus far the screen has delivered as expected.
- Very uniform screen (no hot-spotting)
- Aluminum Frame
- Tensioned to the extreme - Very Tight

It's been a great experinece thus far and I would recommend it to others. I don't like the fact that there is a noticable "Focupix" logo on the bottom right of the frame that can't be removed. Also, noticed that the company I bought the screen from advertized it as a 1.5 gain, but I've been told it's really a 1.2 gain screen. Also the mounting brackets are a bit odd. I had to get a bit creative and drill a 10' long 1" x 2" piece of wood into a few studs then mount the mounting brackets to the wood.

I initally was planning on doing a DIY screen, but finding this for such a good price I went for it. I'm getting more serious with this hobby, but I'm still a relative pup when it comes to reviewing gear so can't take measurements or provide any type scientific analysis.

I have nothing else to compare this screen to, so I can't really comment on the "color accuracy", "black levels" or "performance", but I would still recommend it to others based on my experience.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: