Viewing Review: $268 Local Pickup - Not bad for the money - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

$268 Local Pickup - Not bad for the money Edit
by popalock Combined Rating: 4.6
This is the first screen/projector I have owned and thus far the screen has delivered as expected.
- Very uniform screen (no hot-spotting)
- Aluminum Frame
- Tensioned to the extreme - Very...
Pros Cons
  • Price!, Packing was good, Tensioned screen is very tight = No Sag
  • Very hard to get install the tension screen to the frame, Some velvet crush on the frame from shipping, Very limited mounting option
This is the first screen/projector I have owned and thus far the screen has delivered as expected.
- Very uniform screen (no hot-spotting)
- Aluminum Frame
- Tensioned to the extreme - Very Tight

It's been a great experinece thus far and I would recommend it to others. I don't like the fact that there is a noticable "Focupix" logo on the bottom right of the frame that can't be removed. Also, noticed that the company I bought the screen from advertized it as a 1.5 gain, but I've been told it's really a 1.2 gain screen. Also the mounting brackets are a bit odd. I had to get a bit creative and drill a 10' long 1" x 2" piece of wood into a few studs then mount the mounting brackets to the wood.

I initally was planning on doing a DIY screen, but finding this for such a good price I went for it. I'm getting more serious with this hobby, but I'm still a relative pup when it comes to reviewing gear so can't take measurements or provide any type scientific analysis.

I have nothing else to compare this screen to, so I can't really comment on the "color accuracy", "black levels" or "performance", but I would still recommend it to others based on my experience.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: