Viewing Review: Blacks blacks blacks - AVS Forum
Blacks blacks blacks Edit
by jrobitaille23 Combined Rating: 4.0
Easily the best TV I have ever owned. The blacks are superb. I have it in a light controlled basement and at night, with content, the blacks blend in with the bezel. Colors are rich and vibrant....
Pros Cons
  • Amazing Black levels
  • Poor non HD picture quality
Easily the best TV I have ever owned. The blacks are superb. I have it in a light controlled basement and at night, with content, the blacks blend in with the bezel. Colors are rich and vibrant. Blu rays look incredible and 3d is great. I will say that anything less than 1080p can be hit or miss. Sometimes channels on directv look awful in HD, other times it looks pristine. I have noticed poor shadow fuzziness with less than stellar sources. I don't believe it is the tv's fault. Great buy, for the money it can't be topped.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
greatpix 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM

Agreed, wonderful image that only gets better the better the source. However the 4 piece base is overly complicated and none too steady. The base on the U50 is much simpler and considerably more stable.

I originally purchased the U50 but it was defective and after reading some new posts and reviews I decided to spend the extra $100 for the UT50 for its better black levels in brighter conditions, Ethernet connectivity (for firmware updates and better network performance over Wi-Fi), and the 3D feature was just icing on the cake.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: