Viewing Review: Blacks blacks blacks - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Blacks blacks blacks Edit
by jrobitaille23 Combined Rating: 4.0
Easily the best TV I have ever owned. The blacks are superb. I have it in a light controlled basement and at night, with content, the blacks blend in with the bezel. Colors are rich and vibrant....
Pros Cons
  • Amazing Black levels
  • Poor non HD picture quality
Easily the best TV I have ever owned. The blacks are superb. I have it in a light controlled basement and at night, with content, the blacks blend in with the bezel. Colors are rich and vibrant. Blu rays look incredible and 3d is great. I will say that anything less than 1080p can be hit or miss. Sometimes channels on directv look awful in HD, other times it looks pristine. I have noticed poor shadow fuzziness with less than stellar sources. I don't believe it is the tv's fault. Great buy, for the money it can't be topped.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
greatpix 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM

Agreed, wonderful image that only gets better the better the source. However the 4 piece base is overly complicated and none too steady. The base on the U50 is much simpler and considerably more stable.

I originally purchased the U50 but it was defective and after reading some new posts and reviews I decided to spend the extra $100 for the UT50 for its better black levels in brighter conditions, Ethernet connectivity (for firmware updates and better network performance over Wi-Fi), and the 3D feature was just icing on the cake.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: