Viewing Review: Great Little Amp For A 2.1 Computer Setup - AVS Forum
Great Little Amp For A 2.1 Computer Setup Edit
by stevenva Combined Rating: 4.8
I have a pair of Polk Monitor 30 Series 2 bookshelf speakers that put out sound that I like. I was looking for a solution to use them for my computers audio. This amp has a 1/8" stereo input jack...
Pros Cons
  • Small, Inexpensive, Separate Bass and Treble
  • Auto On/Off is Iffy
I have a pair of Polk Monitor 30 Series 2 bookshelf speakers that put out sound that I like. I was looking for a solution to use them for my computers audio. This amp has a 1/8" stereo input jack that works perfect for a computer. It is small enough to have it within arms reach on my desk. I love the separate bass and treble controls. (they were the deciding factor over the AMP100 which has no tone controls) I have the speakers outputs going first to a Polk PSW10 sub, then out to the Monitor 30s. The sound is impressive. Better than any other prepackaged computer 2.1 setup that I've heard. Considering I paid $240 for the whole setup, I believe I built myself a bargain kickass system. I keep the volume around the 9:00/10:00 position and it is very loud if the computers volume is maxed. I use macro buttons on my mouse to control the volume. The reason I removed 1 star under performance is that the auto on/off sensing feature is hit or miss. It doesn't sense soft passages well. Since it is within reach, I keep the selector switch in the back of the amp to full on and turn it on and off manually from the front push button.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: