Viewing Review: Best PQ for the buck! - AVS Forum
Best PQ for the buck! Edit
by rjhseven Combined Rating: 4.4
As a lomg time Sony guy, I read CNET's review of this TV and ordered it based on that alone. CNET is usually head on with their reviews.
Out of the box PQ was OK; used CNET's recommended settimgs...
Pros Cons
  • Great picture quality. Ease of set up. Good smart app inter face.
  • Tv speakers suck!! Need soundbar or stereo sytem to enjoy.
As a lomg time Sony guy, I read CNET's review of this TV and ordered it based on that alone. CNET is usually head on with their reviews.
Out of the box PQ was OK; used CNET's recommended settimgs and it was fantasrtic for this price point! Black levels not perfect but very good-Nothing else to complain about. i would never have bought a Sharp before.

Had just got a Sony HX 750 55" as a replacement for a defective Sony and put the two units side by side-Sharp wins hands downs. Of course, the Sharp is not 3D. but the Sony costs $400-$500 more and just is not worth it even with 3D.

Sharp should sell this TV with a notation that a soundbar or audio system is a MUST! The Sony clearly out performed this set on the audio side.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Cap'n Preshoot 09-13-2012, 07:19 PM

Sharp had more than its share of issues several years ago, but from what I've seen of them lately, they're back in the game. We too are suffering DLP withdrawal (Mits 65"), 6 yrs old that refuses to die, now on 3rd lamp @ 21,000 hrs. I missed CNET's review, but will be on a quest to find it now, Properly set up they look great in the store, so yeah, it has my attention. Thanks for the review.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: