Viewing Review: Onkyo 607 works great for me - AVS Forum
Onkyo 607 works great for me Edit
by Tesla1856 Combined Rating: 4.7

This is my first Onkyo amp, and my first HDMI equipt amp also. Works great for me. Almost every Input is filled with a HDMI device (this amp made me a true believer in the greatness of...
Pros Cons
  • HDMI 1.3a, good power, Audyssey 2EQ, 630 watts
  • Lacks internal cooling fan

This is my first Onkyo amp, and my first HDMI equipt amp also. Works great for me. Almost every Input is filled with a HDMI device (this amp made me a true believer in the greatness of HDMI). Antec Veris cooler has been on it from day one ... turns pretty hot into "luke-warm". We run it about 6 hours a day, everyday (TV speakers are never used). Nowdays, it's running a full set of full-size Polk Audio Series II speakers.

Maybe one day I'll finally install some speakers on the deck and put Zone-2 functionality to use.

I'm a function over form guy, but I love the full metal face and the visible badges (tech logos). Comparable 2009 Pioneer back then had neither.

My next amp will also be an Onkyo. Just helped my brother buy and install a Onkyo 609 in his den, and a Onkyo 3D-HDMI HTiB before that (for small bedroom).

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: