Viewing Review: Solid, basic buy - AVS Forum
Solid, basic buy Edit
by Tatral Combined Rating: 3.7
I got this TV about 2 years ago. It has been a great buy and has operated well. This model is rather simplistic but get the job done. The remote layout leaves something to be desired. Panasonic put...
Pros Cons
  • Workhorse, good colors/blacks
  • Very basic, missing some slight add-ons that you might really miss.
I got this TV about 2 years ago. It has been a great buy and has operated well. This model is rather simplistic but get the job done. The remote layout leaves something to be desired. Panasonic put its propitiatory specific function buttons right in the way of the commonly used controls. I find myself still pushing their propitiatory buttons (even after 2 years) when I don't mean to.
The TV has functioned well as a good work horse for my and my family. Its colors are good and provides nice contrast. My wife and kids have the machine on constantly and that can warm up the family room after a while. Now that the price has dropped to closer to $1000, I would say its still a good buy. However, there is the imaging quality isn't up to par with some of the newer LCD/LED TVs that give that almost 3D image, you know the one that expresses more depth through back lighting. I have seen this TV priced at even $900 on sale, at that point I would say its a great deal. Its basic, but sturdy and good.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: