Viewing Review: Umm...no. - AVS Forum
Umm...no. Edit
by twbaisch Combined Rating: 2.3
Sad. Sad. Sad. If this is the "new" Denon, they need to go back to the drawing board. The 2113 is packed with features, most of which are also packed with bugs. The sound quality is mediocre at...
Pros Cons
  • It's cheap.
  • Much too cheap.
Sad. Sad. Sad. If this is the "new" Denon, they need to go back to the drawing board. The 2113 is packed with features, most of which are also packed with bugs. The sound quality is mediocre at best. The build quality is poor, and the remote looks and feels Emerson or Coby cheap. The network features are buggy and unreliable, especially the iPad/iPhone app, which is a joke. SiriusXM does not work at all, and tech support has been no use whatsoever. I bought the Denon because the new Onkyos have had so many problems, but I really wish I'd have either stayed with Onkyo or gone with the Yamaha. This will certainly be my last Denon.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
stevenjw 09-25-2013, 06:59 PM

New firmware releases, coupled with iPhone/iPad app updates have resolved most of my issues with using an Apple device to control Zone2. I'm able to select what I want to hear and control the volume on my deck nicely now. Nice selection of internet radio classic rock stations, some with little to no commercials too. Everything else works fine too. I'm pleased with my first Denon.

sfensler 07-17-2013, 09:29 AM

My Brother is a big time Audiophile. He has spent 10s of thousands of dollars on his three systems. Recently he sold me a pair of PBS Studio speakers, He said they never sounded better with my Denon 2113ci. I don't have (nor want) XM radio but all the other features work as advertised including AirPlay and my NAS.

techblogpool 01-29-2013, 04:23 AM

Hey there,
I would like to add my experience with the network features and app.

I have been particularly struggling with the AirPlay feature which simply refused to work. My iPhone 4S would almost never see the Denon or refuse to send any sound to it or crash while doing so.

Also, the app would never see the Denon and sometimes I had to have a specific IP reserved for it and access the Denon only with this IP, because the app had no clue there is a device it should use.

My network was a Wi-Fi Cisco router and I had a TP-Link access point attached to the Denon with Ethernet.

The streaming radio worked fine, so I assumed it is all Denon's fault.

However, the Cisco router had fairly weak 5Ghz signal and my iMac in the opposite part of the house had trouble connecting and so I just went and bought an Apple AirPort Extreme, 5th gen.

Boy was I wrong!

My networking with the Denon has never been so stable and so reliable. AirPlay works like a charm, the app has absolutely no problem recognizing the AV Receiver. It was literally like magic.

If I may recommend, try a different network setup and I am pretty sure your headache will be gone. I know mine is.

Hope this helped.

Martin

Gandalf_Sr 12-16-2012, 07:22 AM

Mine works well. Apart from Sirius, what else doesn't work? I agree the free App sux but there are several others that work fine.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: