Viewing Review: avatar - AVS Forum
by movieGuy717 Combined Rating: 4.8
The only thing that was blurry in this movie was the text across the screen at time. Other than that this was one of the most well crafted movies I have ever viewed in 3D and I have seen many...
Pros Cons
  • Amazing color, great detail in 3d images, well crafted eye poppers
  • didnt find any
The only thing that was blurry in this movie was the text across the screen at time. Other than that this was one of the most well crafted movies I have ever viewed in 3D and I have seen many titles.. 3d Depth was great, with virtually no cross talk or ghosting. No loss of detail from the 2d version, and amazing special effect that add to almost every scene! Love it
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Cyrano 04-18-2013, 12:57 PM

I've heard this before, and I guess I just feel this movie has a place in the film world. When I was young I read all the Tarzan books by ERB. It is not the Tarzan of the movies. Tarzan, as written, was about a man (a boy at first) who learns all he can from his environment. As a boy he taught himself to read by deciphering the "bugs" (letters - words) he found in books. Some of the cultural attitudes in Tarzan are from the authors prejudices, but there is a sense of what mental and physical capabilities are possible in humans.
Avatar is another Tarzan. I do think it is fair to characterize the plot as being populist. Yet I enjoy many of the ideas the film offers. I would make a different movie. Still, I think the movie works, and is a visual feast.
I would agree that the movie caters best to young minds. And, thankfully, like Dances With Wolves there is a sense of a newer society that emerges and moves forward. A non-dystopian ending in Sci-Fi is refreshing.

tomtastic 10-19-2012, 11:30 AM

There were a couple subtitles that were blurry.

I've seen this before, isn't this Dances With Wolves? We steal their land and relocate them? They even had them riding animals and shooting bows and arrows. Praying to mother earth. I don't know how much more Cameron could take from Indian culture. I really don't know how this movie did as well as it did. I didn't really like it all on DVD, the 3D makes it look better but the plot and story are just plain stupid.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: