Viewing Review: Great Look, Horrible 3D TV!! - AVS Forum
Great Look, Horrible 3D TV!! Edit
by yussss Combined Rating: 3.3
I purchased this TV as a Christmas present for the family, so i didn't mind much the expensive TV since it's a SONY, because all the electronics that I have purchased are Sony, and they are great.....
Pros Cons
  • Great Design & Looks, Good 2D LED TV
  • Horrible 3D display
I purchased this TV as a Christmas present for the family, so i didn't mind much the expensive TV since it's a SONY, because all the electronics that I have purchased are Sony, and they are great.. But this TV is really something!

The main problem with this 3D LED TV is that you cannot watch 3D with it. The crosstalk is just too strong at the top 1/3rd of the screen that will make watching 3D bluray movies or playing 3D games impossible. I contacted Sony and they replaced the TV with another one and still the same problems. Which means that the problem is not with the TV, it's with the whole KDL46NX720 series.

I am attaching 4 pictures:
- The first one taken from the right side of the 3D glasses at 0 3D Depth adjustment DSC_0936-001.jpg 81k .jpg file
- The second taken from the left side of the 3D glasses at 0 3D Depth adjustment DSC_0937-001.jpg 87k .jpg file
- The 3rd from the right side at maximum adjustment (-2) DSC_0934-001.jpg 95k .jpg file
- The 4th from the left side at maximum adjustment (-2) DSC_0935-001.jpg 87k .jpg file

You can see clearly the crosstalk. Even with the adjusted one. I am guessing if there was up to -4, it might display correctly, but it doesn't.

I hope you find this information useful before purchasing this item. (If it's not discontinued yet).
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
JoeKustra 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM

It has been discontinued. Firmware updates are still being provided as of 9/2012.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: