Viewing Review: My Pioneer Elite SC-67 - AVS Forum
My Pioneer Elite SC-67 Edit
by chazz1234 Combined Rating: 5.0
I'v had my SC-67 for a lil over a month now....and I am very ...VERY PLEASED !! I dont have any complaints......Looks great / Sounds great / Small learning curve......and for a novice like me...
Pros Cons
  • Looks great / Sounds great / Small learning curve
  • At 140 watts per channel....just not powerful enuff to feed my power hungry main
I'v had my SC-67 for a lil over a month now....and I am very ...VERY PLEASED !! I dont have any complaints......Looks great / Sounds great / Small learning curve......and for a novice like me to be able to pick up on its functions pretty quik...thats saying something.....My SC-67 works great with my new smart TV....Blu-Ray 3d movies are frikin amazing....and the music....awwwwww...the MUSIC....is spectacular !!! The Auto EQ is simple to use....I only had to tweek it a bit for my personal taste .......That being said...All I have is praise for my new Pioneer Elite SC-67....only 2 draw backs that Iv found.....its just not powerful enuff to push my power hungry beasts ( mains)....Polk Audio RTiA9's.....it will get loud enuff.....but its really maxxed out....so Im going to add the Emotiva XPR-5 as an external power amp.....The SC-67 makes this real easy to do......and the ppl at the Pioneer help desk have been awsum answering my questions....The other draw back is....Pioneer wont back up their warranty unless you go into a ( Brick and Morter ) Place....i.e.a certified Pioneer Dealer......so if you buy online and for sum stranger reason you have a problem....you've just bought yourself a $2000 paper weight.......the flip side is this is....Best Buy will price match any advertised price...as long as its new.....so thats what I did...I found some wherehouse that was selling the SC-67 for the cheapest Price I cld find...I printed it out and took it to the Best Buy Magnolia Store....the Manager said...NO PROBLEM.....and I now have a full Factory Warrenty and the price I was looking for.
I would recommend this AVR receiver to anyone .......
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Yo 04-21-2013, 11:12 AM

If your speakers allow it, set the receiver to bi-amp them. I had great results with it.

chazz1234 12-30-2012, 06:03 PM

I just found a place that is selling RTiA9's for $499...I think im gonna add 2 more ...Im running 5.1 right now ...and watching movies is FRIKIN AWSUM !!! cant wait to go 9.1.....I dont think I need to get another Sub...mine already shakes the house watching Blu-ray.....and the low end in the music punches me in the chest....hehehe....but adding 1 more Sub would be ....like having Mike TYson punch me in the chest....how kool would that be !!???

Adrnalnrsh 12-23-2012, 09:04 PM

I have the same setup and I agree with everything you've posted. My RTiA9's sounds good but I know they can sound better (musically). However watching movies in 9.2 is fricken awesome!

I too went through BestBuy as they had to match an Amazon Pioneer sale at $1300.00 saving me ~$700.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: