Viewing Review: DMP-BDT220 - AVS Forum
DMP-BDT220 Edit
by chan9 Combined Rating: 4.8
Dont be carried away by your friends saying their TV is smart. The wifi enable BR players will make your regular TV a SMART TV at a very low cost or nothing. You need a BR player any way - so buy...
Pros Cons
  • Excellent value for the price - Paid $79.95 at Frys.
  • No comments - still learning how to use it for web apps
Dont be carried away by your friends saying their TV is smart. The wifi enable BR players will make your regular TV a SMART TV at a very low cost or nothing. You need a BR player any way - so buy one with a Wifi enabled and you get 2 in 1. A BR player and your TV is SMART! No need for ROKO apple TV etc.

Got this from Frys for $79.95 after christmas sale. Earlier this week (12/30/12), or still offerred at the same price. This one retails for $149.95, and most stores selling from 99.95 and above. Th eprice I paid was the lowest.
If you dont have space in the music rack - remove the DVD player and slip this one in. Plays DVD, BR, your own burned DVDs, music CD etc.

I am using this with a Samsung LED 46 inch- 120 Hz (UN46EH6000 sereies- awesome picture with over the air signals - paid $619 at Target on thanksgiving time). I had initial problems connecting the blu ray to TV, as the TV was not recognizing the BR player. I was using a cheap HDMI cable may be- changed it to a better quality and bingo - the BR player is recognized and fine.
Played BR Disc- Awesome picture- still using my Amplifier and tower speakers - will get a sound bar soon when price is right and eliminate the clutter.
Programmed to Wifi - watched a bunch of Youtube and netflix - great picture. No complaints.
trying to figure out how to program for other apps like Regular Hulu (not Plus) - The manual is written around the Viera Connect integrated with a anasonic TV.
Over all happy with the purchase. If some knows how to get other apps onthe web please post.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
AVSNoobie 03-13-2013, 08:52 PM

This is indeed an excellent player. OTA updates make this even better. I have an Apple TV and a few other network devices and I have to admit that this one blows me away. Not only does it play 3D and 24p Blue Ray DVD's, but the Netflix is 1080 p and has one of the best true color translations that I have ever seen from a streaming device. Xbox comes close but this actually beats it.

Additionally, this device has some excellent tweaks, including a recent update for PAL DVD's and the ability to skip over the "unskippable" parts of DVD's. That's right, no sitting through boring trailers and cheesy nostalgia clips.

All of this for a C-note! Incredible and I totally agree that you should buy this. The video quality is amazing. The DLNA actually works without a glitch and if you're so inclined, you can do the Microsoft thing streaming to the puppy from your lap top or computer. Did I mention Amazon Prime? Well, yes, it's there too in High Res HD.

Recommended DVD for 24p: SAFEHOUSE (Denzel Washington).

Noobie.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: