Viewing Review: Inexpensive box, but no speed deamon - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Inexpensive box, but no speed deamon Edit
by Chris Friesen Combined Rating: 2.0
I picked up an NTV300 (not the 300sl) on sale primarily for use as a Netflix box. For this purpose the time to start up the Netflix app was longer than I was willing to accept.

This device takes...
Pros Cons
  • good compatibility, cheap, Netflix button
  • slow menu navigation, app startup
I picked up an NTV300 (not the 300sl) on sale primarily for use as a Netflix box. For this purpose the time to start up the Netflix app was longer than I was willing to accept.

This device takes maybe 35 seconds to actually start up the Netflix app from the main menu. It takes a further 15-20 seconds or so to start streaming, and 7 seconds to actually stop once the "stop" button is hit. Fast-forward and rewind are similarly slow.

Once it starts playing it's fine, seems to be able to do high def and definitely does Dolby Digital Plus.

I returned mine and got a Roku. Way faster, worth the price difference for me.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: