Viewing Review: Great Beginner Speakers - AVS Forum
Great Beginner Speakers Edit
by qbbraveheart Combined Rating: 4.2
These Polk R150's are the first set of speakers I own, and still do. I was on a budget and after searching on AVSForum, these seemed like a good fit for my needs. The speakers are compact enough...
Pros Cons
  • Compact Design, Budget Speakers
  • No Bass from these but thats why you get a subwoofer, no keyhole mounts for wall mounting(too heavy anyway)
These Polk R150's are the first set of speakers I own, and still do. I was on a budget and after searching on AVSForum, these seemed like a good fit for my needs. The speakers are compact enough where they don't take up a ton of space, and at the time of purchase, space was at a premium and had to fit in my entertainment center at the time, and that they did. I put the rear channels on stands so not really an issue.
For the price, they sound great for beginners speakers. They don't sound overly bright when cranked up and have served me well. They don't produce much bass, but that's why you get a subwoofer to go with your 5.1 system. They produce good sound, for a beginner anyway, and now the upgrade bug has bit so Im looking to upgrade them.

I definitely recommend these, although they are old, for a great beginners system on a budget.

To clarify on the price, I purchased these on sale, for $50/pair.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: