Viewing Review: Calibrates Beautifully - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Calibrates Beautifully Edit
by cantredr1 Combined Rating: 4.7
I chose this TV over a similarly priced 50" Panasonic because of the Expert ISF Menu Settings offered in the LG menu. I found excellent calibration settings for this TV on CNET's web site,...
Pros Cons
  • Excellent picture quality; Expert ISF Menu Settings
  • usualy plasma screen reflection of room lighting
I chose this TV over a similarly priced 50" Panasonic because of the Expert ISF Menu Settings offered in the LG menu. I found excellent calibration settings for this TV on CNET's web site, performed by Ty Pendlebury. Such a calibration for the Panasonic would have cost around $250 from Best Buy. I lowered Pendlebury's recommended contrast down to 80 and moved brightness to 53 (just above the 49 that I determined myself using the Spears and Munsill blu-ray calibration disc). This TV's picture is a joy to behold, and was purchased with a 5 year extended warranty from Sears for less than the calibration for the Panasonic would have cost. Don't make up your mind on a plasma purchase until you've seen one of these budget LG's properly calibrated!
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: