Viewing Review: Does the Job - and now I am connected to TV via HDMI !!! - AVS Forum
Does the Job - and now I am connected to TV via HDMI !!! Edit
by KA2X Combined Rating: 4.0
I was looking for something to improve the sound from my Toshiba TV (equipped with HDMI CEC).
The HW-E350 is feature rich & fit my price range.
In addition, I could integrate it into my Harmony...
Pros Cons
  • Inexpensive, many features, remote, subwoofer
  • Needs TV with HDMI ARC in order to use all features
I was looking for something to improve the sound from my Toshiba TV (equipped with HDMI CEC).
The HW-E350 is feature rich & fit my price range.
In addition, I could integrate it into my Harmony remote for ease of use/operation.
Unfortunately, I found out my TV is not equipped with HDMI ARC & could not connect via a HDMI cable.
I did connect via the AUX analog connections. This device does not have TOS optical port.
All in all it's doing a good job improving the sound.
I use the HW-E350 remote to tweak settings & the Harmony remote for power on/off and to set it to AUX.

The literature (Specs & Manual) uses terms made up by Samsung instead of using industry standard terms - makes it difficult to determine features & compatiblity of products.

UPDATE
Thanks to valuable help from Forum members I was able to connect via HDMI for digital audio (vs. AUX analog audio).
Digital sound is excellent !!!
My TV is set with HDMI CEC disabled and Sound Bar is set with AnyNet+ and ARC off.
I now use the Harmony remote to control all HW-E350 features. But, as before, unfortunately my Cable Box remote cannot be programmed to include the HW-E350.
More details are in the posts for HW-E350.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: