Viewing Review: HTR-7065 is Sounding Great - AVS Forum
HTR-7065 is Sounding Great Edit
by AudB Combined Rating: 4.3
Purchased the HTR-7065 from Costco a couple of weeks ago. I needed to replace a 12 year old functioning Pioneer VSX-D711 AVR with no HDMI so I could install an Optoma ML500 projector. The Pioneer...
Pros Cons
  • Brought new life to my speakers, YPAO
  • No built in WiFi but hey!, use your BluRay for that streaming stuff already
Purchased the HTR-7065 from Costco a couple of weeks ago. I needed to replace a 12 year old functioning Pioneer VSX-D711 AVR with no HDMI so I could install an Optoma ML500 projector. The Pioneer was an entry level 5.1 with a list price of $365 and I probably paid $180. All this is to say take my review with a grain of salt, however, I really am enjoying the sound of this new Yamaha compared to my Pioneer and feel like I should be impressed with it since it is a step up in price point.

The HTR-7065 brought new life to my speakers and sounds much clearer and open especially at louder volumes. Also, dialogue in movies is much clearer and balanced. I have not explored all functions on this yet but have used the room correction and was happy with the results (although I did increase my sub woofer volume slightly from what it came up with). What is awesome is that you can go back and retrieve the original test and switch back and forth between your user settings and the auto room corrections without having to re-perform the test.

I really like the on screen display and feel that it is easy to use and more straightforward than other systems. I wish I didn't have to pay extra for Yamaha to hide all the buttons on the front display behind a flip down panel, but hey, that's just a personal preference, I like cleaner physical displays especially when we use our remotes most often anyways. A back-lit remote would have been nice to have also.

The only connections I have tried so far have been the HDMI which all of my components are running straight through. Hope this helps and I will update this review as I try the other features.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: