Viewing Review: Happy So Far - AVS Forum
Happy So Far Edit
by tzetter Combined Rating: 4.0
Replaced my 3 year old POS Onkyo TX-SR707 with this and so far it's working well (1 week of use). Setup was easy, no major glitches. Sirius App works but you must have subscribed to the WEB...
Pros Cons
  • Setup, Updating, Network Apps
  • Remote, Removable Front Panel Cover, Short on legacy inputs
Replaced my 3 year old POS Onkyo TX-SR707 with this and so far it's working well (1 week of use). Setup was easy, no major glitches. Sirius App works but you must have subscribed to the WEB package that lets you listen via PC or mobile app for it to work. Pandora works fine. Have not tried Spotify or others. They also output to Zone 2 which was important for me for outdoor listening via 4 speakers (connected via external amp). 7.1 setup in my family room. Changing sound field modes can be fussier than it was on the Onkyo and this unit really demands a video interface for full configuration. The display is a little minimalist but again I'm used to Onkyo (owned 4 of them). I use it with a Logitech Harmony remote so I never have to use the included one which is pretty crappy. The Android app so far has worked fine for changing inputs, powering up and down Zone 2 and setting Zone 2 inputs. I can also change Pandora stations and other things for Zone 2 while outside so that has been handy. Sound quality is good. The small removable plastic panel that covers the front input is a little silly. They should have included a flip-up door or something that doesn't actually come completely off the unit to be lost. Build quality seems about on par with other brands within this price range that I looked at. Hopefully it will last a while and be reliable. This is my first Denon product so I'm still feeling my way around on it. Fingers crossed it holds up...
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
tutrainer 04-04-2013, 11:58 AM

I have had good luck with my Denon reciever so far. I have pretty good brand loyalty, so hopefully this will continue to serve me well.

Bond 007 03-30-2013, 05:27 AM

The Yamaha 673 is just as good a receiver and you can get it for $379 until 4/3. Save $270.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882115376&Tpk=yamaha%20rx%20v673&IsVirtualParent=1

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: