Viewing Review: Samsung Pioneer incompatibility - AVS Forum
Samsung Pioneer incompatibility Edit
by Daninrome Combined Rating: 3.0
I have a brand new Samsung EV5400 Blu Ray player and it will not work with my Pioneer PDP 6070HD Television. It's been back to Samsung twice and they cannot determine why. I even send a video of...
Pros Cons
  • Small, Wifi built in
  • Is secretly incompatible with some HDTVs. Up to the buyer to know
I have a brand new Samsung EV5400 Blu Ray player and it will not work with my Pioneer PDP 6070HD Television. It's been back to Samsung twice and they cannot determine why. I even send a video of what happens when I try to play a blu ray disk. I talked to the tech and it seems that the Samsung unit is incompatible with my HDTV. I was told to contact Samsung support. I did and was told by them that it was my fault that I didn't research their product enough to determine that it wouldn't work with the Pioneer HDTV. No refund, no solution so I'm out $80.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Sean Spamilton 05-01-2013, 09:20 PM

I bought a samsung Blu ray player last year. I ran into problems immediately with it, and after spending hours with multiple samsung " techs " who couldn't tell a hdmi cable from an apple, I took it back and replaced it with a Sony. The Sony worked immediately and had far better features. I'll never buy a Samsung again!

Cooperjs1 04-11-2013, 02:59 PM

Stay on them. If you don't back down and file with the Better Business Bureau, you can beat them. Don't let Samsung throw away your hard earned money. ALL BLU RAY PLAYERS SHOULD WORK WITH ALL TVS! Have you tried it on another TV?

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: