Viewing Review: Awesome PQ in 2D and 3D - great display! - AVS Forum
Awesome PQ in 2D and 3D - great display! Edit
by jordielaforge Combined Rating: 4.4
If you're looking for a reasonably priced 47" 3D HDTV, look no further than the 47LA6200 by LG. I've only owned the TV for a short period of time, but I am pretty blown away by the display's image...
If you're looking for a reasonably priced 47" 3D HDTV, look no further than the 47LA6200 by LG. I've only owned the TV for a short period of time, but I am pretty blown away by the display's image quality.

I upgraded from a 3 year old 46" Sony Bravia HDTV (2D only). I was wary about the LED edge-lit technology, as some folks have complained about ghosting, flashlighting, etc - this TV has none of these issues. The picture looks great! The brightness and color is even across the entire panel, and I have not noticed any ghosting or visual anomalies in 2D or 3D mode.

I watched Prometheus and The Hobbit in 3D and was blown away. The quality is pretty much exactly the same as what you'd see in the theater with only some extremely minor interlacing noticeable in a very few number of shots in the movies. No 3D crosstalk or noticeable aliasing in the image though. I also quickly played through Wipeout HD on my PS3 in 3D and the 3D depth was amazing. Wow!

The sound quality over the TV's internal speakers is pretty good as well. It definitely suffices for OTA HD programming, although as a cinefile, I plan to hook up my 5.1 surround system and 5.1 surround headphones for pristine audio.

This is a new model for 2013, and as far as I understand it, the hardware inside the TV has been upgraded over the 2012 model 47LM7600. This TV has a dual-core processor built in which really provides for a zippy experience using the TV's apps. They respond very quickly and there seems to be a ton of apps to use and customize. I haven't spent a ton of time with the apps so far, but they seem impressive upon first glance.

The TV's menu system is robust and offers just about every type of adjustment to picture and sound you'd need. First thing I did (after getting through the very easy-to-use setup - including connecting to my Wifi N router) was turn off the TruMotion feature. I'm not interested in the 120Hz tech - only good old 60Hz, 24fps movie watching goodness.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this TV, especially for those of you looking for theater-quality 3D experiences (Blu Ray and PS3).

I hope this review is helpful! As this is a new model TV, there are very few reviews available online. I noticed only five on Amazon's website at the time of writing.

I did a month of research into a new 3D HDTV, and I am very pleased with my purchase so far.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: