Viewing Review: I'm pleasantly surprised - AVS Forum
I'm pleasantly surprised Edit
by isabels_dad Combined Rating: 4.0
Seldom am I impressed enough to write a review but I have to say that I was plesantly surprised at how easy the setup was for this Denon AVR-E300. I was replacing my Denon AVR-989 due to needing a...
Pros Cons
  • Extremely easy to set up. Smaller form factor. Great price. Networking. Did I mention EASY setup.
  • No phono input
Seldom am I impressed enough to write a review but I have to say that I was plesantly surprised at how easy the setup was for this Denon AVR-E300. I was replacing my Denon AVR-989 due to needing a receiver with a shallower depth to fit in a new location (wife's idea - enough said). Since I no longer needed the multi-zone capability of the AVR-989 the downgrade from a 7.1 to a 5.1 receiver wasn't an issue for me. What can I say, everything just worked. I was fortunate to have a wired network drop available and all my devices were connected thru HDMI - took less than 30 minutes to un-box and connect everything up and run through the set-up function. Even the Android Remote App worked! Media Server and Spotify setup was seamless. I just bought this at Best-Buy yesterday so I can't yet comment on long term performance but so far so good.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
jdsmoothie 04-28-2013, 12:02 PM

Congrats on your new E300! For more helpful information on the AVR join us in the "2013 Denon AVR Owner's thread" linked in my sig, especially reviewing the first 6 posts in that thread. Also note that you can purchase a phono pre-amp for <$50 to connect the turntable to any analog input on the E300.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: