Viewing Review: I'm pleasantly surprised - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

I'm pleasantly surprised Edit
by isabels_dad Combined Rating: 4.0
Seldom am I impressed enough to write a review but I have to say that I was plesantly surprised at how easy the setup was for this Denon AVR-E300. I was replacing my Denon AVR-989 due to needing a...
Pros Cons
  • Extremely easy to set up. Smaller form factor. Great price. Networking. Did I mention EASY setup.
  • No phono input
Seldom am I impressed enough to write a review but I have to say that I was plesantly surprised at how easy the setup was for this Denon AVR-E300. I was replacing my Denon AVR-989 due to needing a receiver with a shallower depth to fit in a new location (wife's idea - enough said). Since I no longer needed the multi-zone capability of the AVR-989 the downgrade from a 7.1 to a 5.1 receiver wasn't an issue for me. What can I say, everything just worked. I was fortunate to have a wired network drop available and all my devices were connected thru HDMI - took less than 30 minutes to un-box and connect everything up and run through the set-up function. Even the Android Remote App worked! Media Server and Spotify setup was seamless. I just bought this at Best-Buy yesterday so I can't yet comment on long term performance but so far so good.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
jdsmoothie 04-28-2013, 12:02 PM

Congrats on your new E300! For more helpful information on the AVR join us in the "2013 Denon AVR Owner's thread" linked in my sig, especially reviewing the first 6 posts in that thread. Also note that you can purchase a phono pre-amp for <$50 to connect the turntable to any analog input on the E300.

Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote:
The Film / Movie: