Viewing Review: A portable speaker built for adventure - AVS Forum
A portable speaker built for adventure Edit
by Lief Storer Combined Rating: 4.0
First off, I will disclose that I work for Boombotix so there is no way for me to have a purely unbiased opinion. In any case, I hope this review is helpful in getting you to understand this...
Pros Cons
  • Rugged Design, Impressive Power to Size Ratio, Built on Clip, Voice Control, Really easy to transport, smooth design
  • Could use better switch design, Would like Buttons on top of device, Would like to see better waterproofing
First off, I will disclose that I work for Boombotix so there is no way for me to have a purely unbiased opinion. In any case, I hope this review is helpful in getting you to understand this product.

When we designed the Boombot REX, we wanted to go for a stealthy ID with sharp lines. That's one of the things I like the most about this product. It LOOKS like it can take a beating and it can. I've dropped my prototypes tons of times and components stay very secure in the device.

Clips are something I've integrated in all my speaker designs, and the clip on the Boombot REX is solid strong. With enough force, I have ripped the clip off, but I am now working to put thicker threads into the unit to give it additional strength.

If there was something I would want to change, I think the buttons being more accessible on top like the Boombot2 would make it a little easier to use.

The EQ profile built onto the unit actually improves the acoustics to a pretty big extent. Managed to get this guy 13% louder than a Jawbone Jambox.

The micro USB charge port has been a little on the fragile side, so we hope to improve that in future designs as well.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: