Viewing Review: Great projector for a reasonable price - AVS Forum
Great projector for a reasonable price Edit
by rekbones Combined Rating: 3.7
I bought this projector in the middle of last year replacing an Epson 6100. This is my fourth projector, the first being a Sony 720p CRT, the second an HP6120 720p DLP I bought new and the third...
Pros Cons
  • Very sharp, excellent color control,FI,outsanding 3D with RF,IR or DLP link for glasses and reliable proformance.
  • Average 2D, poor black level, no lens shift, DC2 and no iris
I bought this projector in the middle of last year replacing an Epson 6100. This is my fourth projector, the first being a Sony 720p CRT, the second an HP6120 720p DLP I bought new and the third the Epson 1080p LCD that I bought used. The HD33 out preforms the Epson in every way but the black level and then only marginally. The super sharp picture and vivid color are great for my Home theater with a totally light controlled room that was a former bed room only 12 x 12. Viewing distance is about 8' from a Jamestown cinewhite 110" 16x9 screen with masking for wide screen. The 3D performance is outstanding with Blu-ray and I plan to keep this projector until 4k becomes reasonable. The remote is well laid out and backlit although I use a harmony 890 thats 100% compatible. I think the perfect upgrade for this projector would be the HD83/8300 as it has lens shift,DC3, and iris the only thing the HD33 lacks. I do have a ND2-400 filter to get better black level in 2D as with the 1.3 gain screen it can be quite bright. I have at least a 1000hrs on this projector and it has preformed flawlessly. I highly recommend this projector and think it can still hold its own with the new generation of entry level 3D DLP's.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: