Viewing Review: Excellent introductory consumer level projector. - AVS Forum
Excellent introductory consumer level projector. Edit
by LowGear Combined Rating: 3.6
I purchased this to use as a very large PC monitor. Of course this made it a smart TV before TVs were smart. The first one ran for about 750 hours and quite. I bought a new bulb but it was the...
Pros Cons
  • Simple menu system. While portable it does support cieling and reverse mounting.
  • A bit noisie and early models didn't shut down long enough for everything to cool for long life.
I purchased this to use as a very large PC monitor. Of course this made it a smart TV before TVs were smart. The first one ran for about 750 hours and quite. I bought a new bulb but it was the power supply. So there I sat with a new bulb and a good used one so what was I to do but buy a used one. The second one has a much cleaner - truer display and takes much longer cooling everything down when it's turned off. It is not compatible with my Pioneer 1021K HDMI receiver. It will run DVI directly, VGA directly and HDMI via a patch cable (no electronics) through the DVI connector but not from the receiver. As more and more of my components go HDMI it is getting dated but the bang for buck at this point just can't be matched by any upgrade.

The set-up was pretty easy and it does hang upside down from the ceiling with the greatest of ease. I can hear it if I listen for it and there is no or little sound in the room. I do expect my next projector to have a cleaner picture but that's some time away with two more bulbs to go through. I'm very satisfied with my $700 purchase and it's great to run the PC without glasses. Now if Windows 7 just had a great app like ControlAV2.

LowGear
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: