Viewing Review: Excellent brightness, focus, and midrange throw - AVS Forum
Excellent brightness, focus, and midrange throw Edit
by Scalarscience Combined Rating: 4.0
Great 720p projector that's also 1080p compatible (downscaled), I use this at events as a VJ projector and love it! It's the brighter sub-$1000 projector I know of (as is the newer model that has...
Pros Cons
  • EXTREMELY bright! Great focus & 120hz support @ 720p.
  • Gets rather warm and MUST be allowed to cool properly before being unplugged when powered off. Fan noise not inconsiderable but acceptable for size.
Great 720p projector that's also 1080p compatible (downscaled), I use this at events as a VJ projector and love it! It's the brighter sub-$1000 projector I know of (as is the newer model that has 1080p native @ 120hz) and it's lasted me 3 years being used 8-12 hours a day 2-3 days a week at music events (which means it travels a lot and gets used in high vibration high traffic environments).

I have not ever had a problem getting it to sync to any reasonable resolution & refresh rate, and it comes with a fair number of built in color & image profiles, a filter (which I tend to leave off) and even has energy saving modes (though this reduced brightness a bit). Hands down it's so bright for home use you probably would never want to turn the energy saving mode OFF. This also makes it suitable for outdoor use (which I've done at events) even if it's just for a movie in the backyard with the family... smile.gif
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: