Viewing Review: Old but still good.... - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Old but still good.... Edit
by thestumper Combined Rating: 4.0
Bought these almost 10 years ago. At the time they were very well reviewed. They have held together nicely and still perform admirably. I got them as part of a 5.1 set, and I can't even remember...
Pros Cons
  • Compact size, good quality, durable
  • Not great for music
Bought these almost 10 years ago. At the time they were very well reviewed. They have held together nicely and still perform admirably. I got them as part of a 5.1 set, and I can't even remember what I paid for it all; I think it was less than $1000 from and authorized dealer - for some reason 800 sticks in my mind. Haven't really had issues with them - they are small and you can only drive so much volume, but with the sub, center, and L/R, it's more than enough for an average-size room. I never really liked them for music much (spoiled by a "fancy" music-only system) but they have been great for HT use. They have survived my four children and a few falls off the TV stand, so durability is IMO quite good. Only the speaker grills could use a refresh, but as of today (5/13/13) you can still get replacements. These were available in black or silver/grey (which was trendy at the time...) ; I got the grey and it wasn't long before they got a little dingy looking. The cabinets clean up fine and still look great, but I need to order some new grills (and may just put the black ones on) if I keep them much longer.

Overall, a very good system at a very good price. My biggest problem at the moment is that I'm trying to find something that sounds BETTER than these for the same money and I'm having a hard time. Also note that paradigm has been very good to deal with and their support seems pretty solid. I mainly posted this so that those looking to buy Paradigm today can have some confidence in looking back 10 years from now and realizing you made a good choice smile.gif
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: