Viewing Review: Old but still good.... - AVS Forum
Old but still good.... Edit
by thestumper Combined Rating: 4.0
Bought these almost 10 years ago. At the time they were very well reviewed. They have held together nicely and still perform admirably. I got them as part of a 5.1 set, and I can't even remember...
Pros Cons
  • Compact size, good quality, durable
  • Not great for music
Bought these almost 10 years ago. At the time they were very well reviewed. They have held together nicely and still perform admirably. I got them as part of a 5.1 set, and I can't even remember what I paid for it all; I think it was less than $1000 from and authorized dealer - for some reason 800 sticks in my mind. Haven't really had issues with them - they are small and you can only drive so much volume, but with the sub, center, and L/R, it's more than enough for an average-size room. I never really liked them for music much (spoiled by a "fancy" music-only system) but they have been great for HT use. They have survived my four children and a few falls off the TV stand, so durability is IMO quite good. Only the speaker grills could use a refresh, but as of today (5/13/13) you can still get replacements. These were available in black or silver/grey (which was trendy at the time...) ; I got the grey and it wasn't long before they got a little dingy looking. The cabinets clean up fine and still look great, but I need to order some new grills (and may just put the black ones on) if I keep them much longer.

Overall, a very good system at a very good price. My biggest problem at the moment is that I'm trying to find something that sounds BETTER than these for the same money and I'm having a hard time. Also note that paradigm has been very good to deal with and their support seems pretty solid. I mainly posted this so that those looking to buy Paradigm today can have some confidence in looking back 10 years from now and realizing you made a good choice smile.gif
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: