Viewing Review: Ridiculously Awesome Performance for the Price - AVS Forum
Ridiculously Awesome Performance for the Price Edit
by Falgoonit Combined Rating: 4.4
I bought this TV because I needed a professional grade monitor that would work as a substitute for a reference monitor for creating broadcast content and has this baby blown the pants right off of...
Pros Cons
  • Black Levels for an Edge-lit, Natural Saturation, Minimal Judder
  • Not a Full Array, moderately heavy in terms of weight, occasional cross-talk in 3D
I bought this TV because I needed a professional grade monitor that would work as a substitute for a reference monitor for creating broadcast content and has this baby blown the pants right off of many a producers and executives. My first preference was the HX950 but I could not find a 46" offering nor did I quite have the money to buy the 55" or 65" models. The color accuracy out of the box in my opinion was better than the Samsung UN8000 or the LG LM9000. Granted both of those models may have a marginally better color gamut once calibrated. What really drove me to the HX850 was their Motionflow setting which didn't add a "soap-opera" effect like the Samsung and LG models. The noise-cancelation for watching tv and other content when I'm not editing on this TV works obscenely well. I'm still trying to grasp my mind around the fact that I got my hands on this level of performance for just over $1000 (granted it was on clearance, when I bought it). The 3D on this TV is not admittedly the best that I've seen on a TV, but it was until recently one of the best I had seen out of a Sony TV. But what this TV lacks in 3D quality it more than makes up for with Smart Apps, out of the box the TV came with a 6 month trial of Hulu Plus and Slacker Radio, not to mentions 100s of more apps than I will ever use in my life. This TV literally has an app for everything, including the weather! All-in-all, I would have to say this is the best value I have seen on a performance TV in my life. I would not recommend even considering any other TV in this price range!!smile.gif
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Features:
Performance:
Color Accuracy:
Black Levels:
Value:
Design:
Video Quality:
Ease of Setup:
Remote: